Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are charging more for people who just want to buy the P- outright at their convenience and to their spec, and they are charging less to those who are hanging around waiting for inventory models. It's textbook "Price descrimination" in the economic sense: just as you charge more for last minute plane tickets, you charge more for custom ordered Stealths.

They know exactly what they are doing here.

Reactions: IceIceBaby
They are charging more for people who just want to buy the P- outright at their convenience and to their spec, and they are charging less to those who are hanging around waiting for inventory models. It's textbook "Price descrimination" in the economic sense: just as you charge more for last minute plane tickets, you charge more for custom ordered Stealths.

They know exactly what they are doing here.

but the issue here is that theres 18 inch P- that are 56990 while 19 inch P- that are 51990 . what is the explanation for that?

Not sure what we’re seeing - the original stealths have the same top end speed as the other performance option, these appear to have the same top end speed as the standard car.

Not sure if track mode is included either.

Are some of these 2019 cars with extra mileage?

I'm starting to think it was a test..... Someone posted in this thread or the other that it was a way to feel out buyers, and that could be right. I'm sure they are not getting as many stealth orders as they thought they would/could. Did the market for them die down? Were they more after the option or the price? Lets let a few slip out online and see what happens.... And now we have this feeding frenzy and they know that the pricing was more important than config. Now they have (time) to decide if it is worth slashing the price on current orders to sell more or is the profit off the current cost too good to 'sabotage'.

Or, maybe someone just pushed the wrong button at HQ :p

• Funny
Reactions: IDRVSLO
I'm starting to think it was a test..... Someone posted in this thread or the other that it was a way to feel out buyers, and that could be right. I'm sure they are not getting as many stealth orders as they thought they would/could. Did the market for them die down? Were they more after the option or the price? Lets let a few slip out online and see what happens.... And now we have this feeding frenzy and they know that the pricing was more important than config. Now they have (time) to decide if it is worth slashing the price on current orders to sell more or is the profit off the current cost too good to 'sabotage'.

Or, maybe someone just pushed the wrong button at HQ :p

this is a good theory. another one is that they have a surplus of 19 inch wheels and this was the best way to get rid of them?

Reactions: IceIceBaby