Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a P3D stealth in Manhasset
Ready for delivery this week.
They had 9 others, all white or grey exterior with black interior and 19 inch wheels
I got the white/blk/19 combo
Excited!

Yea they ship them to NY if you want one. I got mine from the same Manhasset location. They had it shipped from somewhere in Pennsylvania.

I love this car. Couldn't be more happy.

If anyone wants a P3d stealth in NY pm me and I will send you a link if you use my referral code.

I picked up my P3D- last Thursday from OH, and drove 1100mi back home to TX.
The car is amazing.

I do have a concern, though. The car doesn't do 0-60 in 3 seconds, it's more like ~4.5s, very much like the Long Range.
In general, I cannot honestly say I feel any difference compared to the LR.

I got the dual motors badge with the red line below, both the physical one and the one on the Car's Preferences in the multimedia system.
The order and sticker said "Long Range Performance".
I tried to accelerate with full battery, flat surface, no water nor any traction issues.

Anyone heard of something like this before? What can I do?

Check your software.
I had another friend of mine pick up a car this weekend and he was still on V9 which was 2 updates ago.
His car was by no means slow but I did drive it and really was not much faster than my LR Awd. Most of the power
is from a launch.

I picked up my P3D- last Thursday from OH, and drove 1100mi back home to TX.
The car is amazing.

I do have a concern, though. The car doesn't do 0-60 in 3 seconds, it's more like ~4.5s, very much like the Long Range.
In general, I cannot honestly say I feel any difference compared to the LR.

I got the dual motors badge with the red line below, both the physical one and the one on the Car's Preferences in the multimedia system.
The order and sticker said "Long Range Performance".
I tried to accelerate with full battery, flat surface, no water nor any traction issues.

Anyone heard of something like this before? What can I do?

It's real hard to get accurate results alone. Even if you set it up as a quarter mile timing, the precise start/finish is critical down to the 1/10 second.

The only real way is to use Dragy App. It includes a GPS device that connect via bluetooth to a smartphone. Even then, it needs to be on a track with ultimate traction. This would also indicate the need for the larger/wider/grippier tires that come with a P+ to get the fastest times.

Folks using the app pretty much confirm significantly faster times with a Stealth vs. LR/AWD.

My SA told me that a M3P- ordered today would be delivered in mid to late December (I'm in Southern California). He said that there isn't any on hand and they are listed as pre-production. However, he did confirm the $2k price for it. Is this tracking with what others are hearing?

My SA seems inexperienced, so I don't have complete confidence in everything he says. I ordered a AWD last week and was hoping that a current inventory M3P- would arrive before California changes their incentives on December 3rd.

My SA told me that a M3P- ordered today would be delivered in mid to late December (I'm in Southern California). He said that there isn't any on hand and they are listed as pre-production. However, he did confirm the $2k price for it. Is this tracking with what others are hearing?

My SA seems inexperienced, so I don't have complete confidence in everything he says. I ordered a AWD last week and was hoping that a current inventory M3P- would arrive before California changes their incentives on December 3rd.
If you are in San Diego, apply to get pre-approved. That is what I am doing.

That's kind of a bummer. I ordered a pre-production M3P- also from southern California on 11/20 and was also hoping to get it before the incentive change on 12/3.

yes, Stealth is +2k over LRAWD, and yes, there are many stealths in pre-production, or even assigned to distribution areas in Socal. I went in last week and saw at least 20-30 stealth listings. Sadly, none so far have white interior.

Slightly OT, but has anyhone heard a credible threat that they will stop making these? Can't imagine why, as they seem to be the current favorite trend. . . .

I am fortunate to have purchased a 2019 w/w Performance Stealth this past August.

The white interior gets very favorable comments from everyone who rides in it. It is also not hard to keep clean.

A surprising number of passengers tell me that it feels like they’re in a futuristic spaceship and that’s before the car is even moving. Once they actually feel the acceleration they start asking the purchase questions (i.e How much did it cost, how difficult was it to get, How soon can they get one, etc,)

The acceleration is more useful (and fun) than most people realize. It’s very easy to use it sensibly and legally almost every day, from a stop to leave traffic well behind, merging onto a highway, etc. etc. The major difference from a normal performance car is that the Tesla has a Jekyll and Hyde personality, by that I mean that it is one of the few cars that you can actually easily drive equally well both quickly and slowly.

It’s possible but expensive to change the interior to white after purchase but I don’t think you’ll be able to easily upgrade the performance from a dual engine version.

If money / space is no object order and wait for a “loaded” Performance vs the Performance Stealth but don’t forget to also order sensible size wheels / tires for bad roads and weather under 40*. The new 19 inch winter wheel/tire pkg ($3500?) is a potential option.

My suggestion is to get a Performance Stealth while you can.

In my opinion life is best enjoyed by experiences not just things.

The enjoyment you’ll have received from driving the Stealth everyday for a period of time before / if your ideal car is available shouldn’t be overlooked.

Reactions: dandrewk
I'm in Austin, TX and spoke with an SA that had access to several last week but they were all spoken for by the time I reached out on Sunday. He said they only get them every few months. Anyone know if I'd have better luck if I'm willing to travel to pick one up? I'd live to get one before year end and wouldn't mind a trip to SoCal.