Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MA MOR-EV rebate denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, this is how my MVPA looks like right now. FYI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.58.43 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.58.43 AM.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 130
Hi, I am getting a M3 LR AWD which lists the total cash price (after sales tax) as $50,245. Would I still be eligible for the state rebate ? The rebate has been a big driver in me ordering the vehicle. I'd want too negotiate with the Dedham center if that is not the case and bring it under the 50k value - given that it is so close too that line.

Please advise. If i'd have to negotiate, any tips would also be greatly helpful. Thanks!
I don't know the answer. But the sales tax is a registration fee. So I wouldn't panic yet. Still check it out. But, I think and hope you'll be OK

At the time I bought my M3, July 2019, I was told the destination charge was considered part of the price. The rebate was also only $1500 then. Did they change the rule when they raised the rebate? I bought a black car because it just barely qualified for the rebate, the other colors were $250 more (except white white which I didn't want) which put them over the $50K limit.

Hi, I am getting a M3 LR AWD which lists the total cash price (after sales tax) as $50,245. Would I still be eligible for the state rebate ? The rebate has been a big driver in me ordering the vehicle. I'd want too negotiate with the Dedham center if that is not the case and bring it under the 50k value - given that it is so close too that line.

Please advise. If i'd have to negotiate, any tips would also be greatly helpful. Thanks!
Tesla doesn't negotiate.. Are you getting FSD? If so, order it without... Then a week after you get it, add it on. That will get you below.
Or, look at other options that you may have added and take them off. ie: White seats, or change external car color, or go to smaller wheels, etc.

Tesla doesn't negotiate.. Are you getting FSD? If so, order it without... Then a week after you get it, add it on. That will get you below.
Or, look at other options that you may have added and take them off. ie: White seats, or change external car color, or go to smaller wheels, etc.
Remember - you'll have the car for a while. Make sure you get the car you want first and foremost. Don't drop an feature/preference you will enjoy over the life of the car just to save $1k

Doesn't have to be a week, it can be five minutes. When I bought my car I went to Dedham to pick it up, I signed the paperwork, Tesla registered the car, I then pulled out my credit card and bought FSD. The important thing is the price on the registration form.