Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Magnetic Filter Cover for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone used the magnetic filter cover offered by Abstract Ocean? It illuminates the need to unscrew the top cover screw and replaced it with a magnet. Looking for any issues. It looks like a nice solution for easier filter replacement.
Are you referring to the air intake cover in the frunk?

Who changes filters so often that it makes sense? A lot of the work is taking off all those clips and panels anyway.
Then you are introducing a rare earth magnet inside a sophisticated computer on wheels. What could go wrong?

i too share the concern about putting a magnet in that location, but i think you're severely underselling the difficulty of getting that stupid screw out and back in. that is BY FAR the most time consuming part of changing the filters in my experience. taking the carpeted panel off and putting it back on is dead simple...contorting yourself to get that damn cover back on and the screw in place is not.

Reactions: TomT and techzelle
i too share the concern about putting a magnet in that location, but i think you're severely underselling the difficulty of getting that stupid screw out and back in. that is BY FAR the most time consuming part of changing the filters in my experience. taking the carpeted panel off and putting it back on is dead simple...contorting yourself to get that damn cover back on and the screw in place is not.

Yes, my car is just under 1 month old, so I haven't dealt with this. Just seems like you only need to deal with it once a year or so.

I agree, even getting the torx 20 screw out isn’t bad. The rest of the job is simple as well. Getting it back in is a fricken pain. My wife’s model Y has the screw on the bottom. Easy peasy