Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major Problem On 2022 tesla model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were your other teslas Rwd? I’m asking because my model 3 is, and I did recently take a test drive in a Y and thought the dual motors combined were significantly louder….in a kind of cool sci-fi harmony. I don’t expect that’s what you’re talking about though.

This could be a missing battery penthouse perimeter seal. See thread, Post #73: What's Normal Front Motor Sound for Model Y?

Exact same issue, resolved by service center.

1337x VIN June build Y. Rear motor whine between 30-50mph. First appointment available after purchase to resolve minor finish issues and the whine.

Issue was first described by service as a missing “battery to body seal” that was allowing the noise into cabin. After a few days for parts and other work, they called to say they had to wait for special jack stands from Fremont to drop the HV battery, and get to the penthouse seal location. Evidently this was the first for the Y. After repairs, tech said it was a seal around/in the penthouse allowing the noise. Issue was completely resolved. Very happy with the car and the service experience, despite how extreme this repair seems to have been.

End of quarter car, oh well.

Just checked part replaced: SEAL,PERIMETER,PENTHOUSE,MDL3(1467057-00-C)