TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Manhattan Parking Garages

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NicB72, Feb 23, 2017.

1. NicB72

NicB72 Supporting Member

So heading to Manhattan this weekend with the family.
    looking for advice on good, safe parking midtown.
    If its got charging then thats a bonus but its more important that my beautiful white Model S has somewhere safe.

Any forum members got some advice and hopefully good experience in NYC?

Cheers in advance

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

my experiences haven't been all that good in manhattan.
    www.plugshare.com will show dozens of garages that have a charger.
    just because a garage has one does not mean that you'll be able to access it.
    call ahead and ask.

3. anthony

anthony Member

Back when there was one supercharger in the east, I would go to Midtown a significant amount.
    There was an edison garage i would frequent 50 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036

It may be used a bit more, but every time i went there, the people that parked the cars would move it around as needed so it was charged.

I typically gave them a tip for doing so.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

the QuickPark garage at 235 W 56th street is very Tesla Friendly.

So is the garage at Columbus Circle. 333 West 58th Street or 334 West 60th Street (depending on which entrance you use)

Both have a ton of exotic cars parking there all the time so you should not have to worry about the attendants not taking care of your car.

• Like x 2
  5. dopeasy

dopeasy New Member

There are a bunch of garages in the upper east side that have tesla wall chargers or other level 1. I would avoid midtown for a variety of reasons including congestion (which is basically everywhere). Most important is you give the guys a nice tip of at least 5-10 on the way in.

Icon parking and quick are usually pretty good. Also check the app SpotHero which can usually provide you with better than expected deals which you can pay for in advance using Apple Pay if you have an iPhone.

• Like x 2
  6. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Just this past Tuesday, SpotHero pointed me to

NYC Parking 1510 Lex Garage Corp.at 116 E 98th st.

Parked all day for $14. They don't advertise any charging facilities but, once I arrived, there was a sign for Tesla charging. The took my car, plugged it in, and I picked it up a few hours later. Overall a good experience.

• Like x 1
  7. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I'm glad that you found an inexpensive location, however for those who aren't familiar with NYC, that is a very out of the way location that isn't convenient to the places that visitors need to frequent.

• Informative x 1
  8. NicB72

NicB72 Supporting Member

Great advice guys. Heading off in a minute and will be getting to NYC after a couple of supercharger stops early evening. I'll fire up SpotHero at lunchtime and make a decision.

I'll report back after the weekend so others can benefit from what I find.

Cheers again

9. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Unless that's where you are going. Then it's very convenient.:)

10. martinicus

martinicus Member

There's a nice self-park (non-valet) lot right out of the Lincoln Tunnel exit on 42nd Street. (You literally just cross 42nd st, heading north, to enter the garage). It's called MP Manhattan Plaza. You can print a coupon online if you want. Address is 401 West 42nd Street. Coupon here: View Coupon - Manhattan Parking Group

11. NicB72

NicB72 Supporting Member

Cool, I ended up using Champion on 53rd near 6th, just behind the Hilton Midtown (where we were staying). Worked out well, car was looked after and they charged it. Was nice getting the notification on my phone that it was starting to charge as I took the short walk back to the hotel.

On pickup they tried to charge me $10 for charging it but I argued that I wasn't told that at drop off and it was resolved.

I noticed they disconnected it when it hit its charge limit, 90%. I was trip charging and I dropped it off at 50%. By sunday I lost about 2% to phantom loss crap.

Overall though I recommend this parking garage, plenty of space at entrance area for drop off and pick up.