Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we get Park Assist on Model S with HW4 and no USS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi says none of its vehicles are still on 2023.2.201, and there's been 25+ vehicles on the service with that version. They've updated to 2023.2.301 or newer. Most seem to be on more recent versions including 2023.32.7 with FSD Beta 11.4.4.

I would also recommend trying manual re-install from the service mode.
That thought had occurred to me too...what if my car came with some weird hardware that isn't in most of the fleet ... sigh.
I did a service mode reinstall of software, then when that was completed I did a double scroll wheel reset - still no luck in finding any updates. Still stuck at 2023.2.301 so I guess that really is the "latest version" for my vehicle :(

It's sad, as my previous car was a 2014 Audi A6 with tech package. That had night vision, adaptive cruise control, USS, lidar etc. In some ways my 2023 MS is a step back from that vehicle.

That thought had occurred to me too...what if my car came with some weird hardware that isn't in most of the fleet ... sigh.
I did a service mode reinstall of software, then when that was completed I did a double scroll wheel reset - still no luck in finding any updates. Still stuck at 2023.2.301 so I guess that really is the "latest version" for my vehicle :(

It's sad, as my previous car was a 2014 Audi A6 with tech package. That had night vision, adaptive cruise control, USS, lidar etc. In some ways my 2023 MS is a step back from that vehicle.
No cars are still on your version according to the 2 websites cited above. You have a problem. Create a service ticket and tell them your car is not updating and that TeslaFi and Notateslaapp both show no cars still on your version. Attach screenshots from Notateslaapp, and TeslaFi. They need to push an update to you.

I also did the manual service mode reset. I'm going to stop by our local service center next. I have 2 model S's, 2018 and a 2023, both on the same wi-fi, so don't think that's an issue. Typically even without WiFi I would get update notifications but couldn't install it until I was connected.

I do feel like there is something that was fixed along the way, that's the most likely scenario. All us early HW4 adapters are probably way down on the priority since quantity wise we don't really make up a huge number of users. It's unfortunate.

Will see what the service center says. I am debating on going to my credit card and dispute the $200 charge for this month. Not sure what the credit card will say but I was NOT delivered what was promised when I "swiped right" as their twitter account proclaims is all you gotta do lol.

I also did the manual service mode reset. I'm going to stop by our local service center next. I have 2 model S's, 2018 and a 2023, both on the same wi-fi, so don't think that's an issue. Typically even without WiFi I would get update notifications but couldn't install it until I was connected.

I do feel like there is something that was fixed along the way, that's the most likely scenario. All us early HW4 adapters are probably way down on the priority since quantity wise we don't really make up a huge number of users. It's unfortunate.

Will see what the service center says. I am debating on going to my credit card and dispute the $200 charge for this month. Not sure what the credit card will say but I was NOT delivered what was promised when I "swiped right" as their twitter account proclaims is all you gotta do lol.
I have a mobile tech appt coming this Friday. Do let me know what your service center says, and I'll report my findings here as well.

I have a mobile tech appt coming this Friday. Do let me know what your service center says, and I'll report my findings here as well.

I finally received my first firmware update last night. 2023.32.9. I will officially get to try FSD for 1 day of the month I purchased lol. I guess I should be at least a little happy as at least I got 1 out of 31 days worth of my $200. Better than 0.

I finally received my first firmware update last night. 2023.32.9. I will officially get to try FSD for 1 day of the month I purchased lol. I guess I should be at least a little happy as at least I got 1 out of 31 days worth of my $200. Better than 0.
Hey congrats, that's progress at least. I'm still stuck on old firmware, no updates available. Turns out the mobile tech that was supposed to come cancelled. Instead, they said my issue had to be resolved at the service center. I also saw they had ordered parts and work:
- replace LV battery and battery control module
- camera pitch adjustment

Not sure how that's going to resolve my stated issue of "tesla unable to get software updates to enable park vision"

Hey congrats, that's progress at least. I'm still stuck on old firmware, no updates available. Turns out the mobile tech that was supposed to come cancelled. Instead, they said my issue had to be resolved at the service center. I also saw they had ordered parts and work:
- replace LV battery and battery control module
- camera pitch adjustment

Not sure how that's going to resolve my stated issue of "tesla unable to get software updates to enable park vision"
My MSP is also stucked at 2023.2.301 since April. Set up a service apt with them once, and the rep told me they do not know when their engineering team would push an update to us, nor does he know what was wrong with my car. Not very informative. Hope we'll eventually get update after JeffMH.

Looks like I just got the update to 2023.44.30.6 with Park Assist today!
Screenshot_20231223_162244_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: mm9351
Folks, believe it or not I started this thread in April as the OP. I was relatively pleased when the 'sonic alerts and wavy lines' (which emulated USS) reappeared back in June. I truly believed that was the "fix" for HW4 /no USS vehicles we were waiting for. I downloaded the latest OTA a few days ago and must confess it is vastly improved. The latest park assist finally gives us the 3D overhead view of the parking lot stripes in the center cluster. I can now confidently park within marked lines without relying on the cameras, and that includes parking head-in with the stripe at the proper distance of the front bumper. My Tesla gets better and better with each major OTA update. Cannot recall any ICE cars I've owned in the past that improved functionality over time. In fact, you would need to trade in your old car to get the latest features. After all, this was, for many years, the new car 'sales strategy.' Clearly this no longer applies to Tesla vehicles.

Last edited:
I am grateful we got this update, but if we take a step back this really isn't an "upgrade." My 2014 Audi A6 came with parking sensors and was fully functional out of the lot when I purchased it. Here I bought a 2023 MS where functionality was removed due to removal of most sensors. The latest software update gave me functionality that was promised (but missing) when I purchased the vehicle. So I don't view this as an "upgrade" or "improvement" ... but rather restoration of a feature that had been missing when I purchased the vehicle.

I'm not complaining, I knew what I was getting into when I purchased the MS. Just have a different mindset when it comes to these software updates. Especially since they can take away functionality as well (ex. Disney+ due to spat between Musk and Igor, recent US "recall" over autopilot, etc)

Reactions: teko
I am grateful we got this update, but if we take a step back this really isn't an "upgrade." My 2014 Audi A6 came with parking sensors and was fully functional out of the lot when I purchased it. Here I bought a 2023 MS where functionality was removed due to removal of most sensors. The latest software update gave me functionality that was promised (but missing) when I purchased the vehicle. So I don't view this as an "upgrade" or "improvement" ... but rather restoration of a feature that had been missing when I purchased the vehicle.

I'm not complaining, I knew what I was getting into when I purchased the MS. Just have a different mindset when it comes to these software updates. Especially since they can take away functionality as well (ex. Disney+ due to spat between Musk and Igor, recent US "recall" over autopilot, etc)
Disney + was never removed.

The Disney functionality is easy to get back. If you have already used it, it’s still there. If not, go to Disney website from car browser, then it shows up. Silly? Yes. But easy workaround.

Looks like I just got the update to 2023.44.30.6 with Park Assist today!
View attachment 1002528
Congrats!!

I also got the updates a week ago after calling for another service and some friendly chat with the service reps in the Tesla App. Turns out they need to replace the 12V Li-Ion battery and re-adjust the cam pitch to get it work properly. I only wonder why we were the last batch of people to receive such service? I still believe our early HW4 might be missing some key HW thus such adjustment is required to get them properly work.

Congrats!!

I also got the updates a week ago after calling for another service and some friendly chat with the service reps in the Tesla App. Turns out they need to replace the 12V Li-Ion battery and re-adjust the cam pitch to get it work properly. I only wonder why we were the last batch of people to receive such service? I still believe our early HW4 might be missing some key HW thus such adjustment is required to get them properly work.
Interesting, originally when I set up a service appt I was told the same thing (before the latest software update). But I couldn't make the appt and cancelled it. Shortly after, I got the update. So far, Park Assist seems to be functioning ok.

So, I have a 2023 MS and had FSD for 3 months. In my opinion FSD is quite a way away from being fully operational. Had to take over most times I was using it. I did like the auto lane changes. But active park assist, and summons are not functional even with FSD. I am tempted to buy EAP, but I don't know when, if ever, Tesla can incorporate something my M3P had in 2018 had from the beginning. (Summons and auto park) How do you take away a feature that you have listed on your website with no further updates on when these features will be available. Wouldn't it have been more prudent to keep the USS until the Vision summons, auto park and smart summons was ready and then remove them? I just have to vent as I don't really understand the engineer conversation they had when deciding to remove the ultra-sonic sensors.

Reactions: pilotSteve
So, I have a 2023 MS and had FSD for 3 months. In my opinion FSD is quite a way away from being fully operational. Had to take over most times I was using it. I did like the auto lane changes. But active park assist, and summons are not functional even with FSD. I am tempted to buy EAP, but I don't know when, if ever, Tesla can incorporate something my M3P had in 2018 had from the beginning. (Summons and auto park) How do you take away a feature that you have listed on your website with no further updates on when these features will be available. Wouldn't it have been more prudent to keep the USS until the Vision summons, auto park and smart summons was ready and then remove them? I just have to vent as I don't really understand the engineer conversation they had when deciding to remove the ultra-sonic sensors.
Your experience is precisely why I didn't buy a new 2023 Plaid and went for a very slightly used 2022. The often idiotic approach Tesla has for removing a feature without a fully baked replacement is infuriating at best and sometimes downright dangerous in others. A case in point for the last is when they removed radar from the 3 and Y's in 2021.