Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map of current, upcoming and suspected Tesla Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this over on the Tesla Motors forum.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/9944

Hmm... From the above link:

Position is unknown at present. Photo obtained 3rd hand but only information received was "on NJ Turnpike"

NJ_supercharger.JPG

I'm sure someone can figure out where that picture was taken.

Later today I plan to drive past the Molly Pitcher Rest area in NJ.

I will stop in and scout out the area looking for any signs of construction.

Today I stopped at both the Molly Pitcher rest area (around exit 8a Southbound) and Richard Stockton rest area (around exit 7a Southbound.) Both area's I saw NO evidence of any construction that looked like it would be SC related.

At the Molly Pitcher rest area, there were 3 pre-formed concrete pads (my uneducated guess) at the very southern part of the truck parking area. One was approximately 4'x4', one 4'x6' and the last 4'x8'. They all had metal pieces sticking out about 2". They were not installed but laying on the grass/dirt. Again, I didn't look SC related to me.

Note, that area for many miles has major construction, adding a whole 3 lane highway in each direction as well as replacing dozens (it might be close to 100) overpass bridges.

Here is a picture of the medium one.

photo.JPG

Today I stopped at both the Molly Pitcher rest area (around exit 8a Southbound) and Richard Stockton rest area (around exit 7a Southbound.) Both area's I saw NO evidence of any construction that looked like it would be SC related.

At the Molly Pitcher rest area, there were 3 pre-formed concrete pads (my uneducated guess) at the very southern part of the truck parking area. One was approximately 4'x4', one 4'x6' and the last 4'x8'. They all had metal pieces sticking out about 2". They were not installed but laying on the grass/dirt. Again, I didn't look SC related to me.

Note, that area for many miles has major construction, adding a whole 3 lane highway in each direction as well as replacing dozens (it might be close to 100) overpass bridges.

Here is a picture of the medium one.

View attachment 22603

The writing implies those will be added to the wall on the NJ Turnpike. Section 803, lol.

I'm almost certain the picture is from the southbound Milford supercharger. It matches the Google Maps image perfectly.

It is definitely the Milford Area Southbound Chargers -- have used them several times including the @TeslaRoadTrip.

Also - those stalls are slanted -- if you look at the satellite photo of the James Fenimore Cooper Service area in NJ, you'll see that the only slanted parking stalls are in the truck area for the semi's -- the car parking area stalls are all straight.

Aaron

I've confirmed the location of the Santa Barbara area charger. It will be at the Marriott Hotel in Buellton, CA. There will be 8 chargers.
Source: https://aca.sbcountyplanning.org/CitizenAccess/ Permit 13ELE-00000-00137

Can the map admin delete the Santa Barbara pin?

Thank you for confirming this one. I previously reported here that I spoke to a Tesla worker at a Supercharger site a week ago, and he told me they would be installing them in Buellton, Atascadero, Oxnard, and San Juan Capistrano. It was pointed out that these are only 80 miles apart, but your post helps to confirm he was correct. To me, this now casts suspicion on the Paso Robles Inn rumored location, as it is very close to Atascadero.

- - - Updated - - -

I5 damn it, get it hooked up! It's great that southern California is all linked, but I can't get there from the Pacific Northwest.

As soon as we get some in Oregon and Washington, I'm driving up to Vancouver!

Thank you for confirming this one. I previously reported here that I spoke to a Tesla worker at a Supercharger site a week ago, and he told me they would be installing them in Buellton, Atascadero, Oxnard, and San Juan Capistrano. It was pointed out that these are only 80 miles apart, but your post helps to confirm he was correct. To me, this now casts suspicion on the Paso Robles Inn rumored location, as it is very close to Atascadero.

It's also possible that the Tesla guy was conjoining Atascadero and Paso Robles. I did look at the city of Atascadero permit list, and someone submitted a permit for 4 new electrical panels at the Rabobank location there at the same time the Buellton permit was submitted. It could be unrelated, but if you were looking for some parking spaces in Atascadero, with Rabobank's existing charger network, it would be a sensible place to put four superchargers. Hopefully, we'll find out next week!

If every one of the rumored SC locations in California becomes reality, that suggests to me that there is almost a phase 2 to the SC buildout, and it's starting now in California. If Phase 1 is minimum number of SC's spaced widely apart and providing minimum road trip functionality, phase 2 looks like cutting the distances in half to truly make it a no thought required effort. At 80 miles between chargers, you could stop at each one, or skip every other if one was busy when you got there. It would also be easy to go out and back instead of direct between two chargers, and see something other than an interstate.

In this view of things, phase 2 in Oregon and Washington (when it gets there) might include a line of superchargers up the coast (get there fast on I5, or get there with scenery on 101).