Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps not displaying any SC’s?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So weird thing. My maps aren’t showing any superchargers along my route, then I check and it’s not showing any period at all around me which obviously isn’t true. I’ve rebooted, and even powers all the way off, nothing. Very weird. It seems like I shouldn’t need a service visit, should I phone Tesla? Prob best bet…

Or does anyone here have advice?
519E6E82-D71B-460C-B1B5-AA6D300934E5.jpeg
9B1C5152-05D4-400C-8E6F-07B130672D24.jpeg
2E79172C-013A-4F38-80E5-162EC5FA5239.jpeg

So weird thing. My maps aren’t showing any superchargers along my route, then I check and it’s not showing any period at all around me which obviously isn’t true. I’ve rebooted, and even powers all the way off, nothing. Very weird. It seems like I shouldn’t need a service visit, should I phone Tesla? Prob best bet…

Or does anyone here have advice?View attachment 825962View attachment 825963View attachment 825964
Touch the lightening bolt icon on the lower right side of your map/display.

Try removing the navigation then toggling the super charger icon (middle right, black in last pic, greyed in first). Then see if it shows chargers near your location. If that fails, try a double scroll button restart to see if that fixes it. Might just need to reload the map app.

Try removing the navigation then toggling the super charger icon (middle right, black in last pic, greyed in first). Then see if it shows chargers near your location. If that fails, try a double scroll button restart to see if that fixes it. Might just need to reload the map app.
Wound up calling Tesla. Escalated to engineers, we tried reboots, everything for some reason I can’t get any SC world wide to show. Crazy bug.

It's showing plenty of chargers, the gray circles with a number in them... but those might just be level 2s. Have you tried zooming exactly on the location where you know there is a supercharger, and lighting up all three charger levels to see if it shows up or not?

It's showing plenty of chargers, the gray circles with a number in them... but those might just be level 2s. Have you tried zooming exactly on the location where you know there is a supercharger, and lighting up all three charger levels to see if it shows up or not?
Yes it only shows EVgo or Tesla destination chargers, as you can see when I have it display the 3 lightening bolts it shows no SCs but there 3 within 5 miles. Shows on the app fine. The car has something wrong with a nav/map update or something. Like when I take a long route to San Fran from LA I know I need to charge twice usually but it’s not even routing me and just flags a red banner saying charging needed but doesn’t identify any SC despite having them enabled in settings too and such. So just plain weird. Like It doesn’t identify any superchargers anywhere. I can’t even search for Tesla Supercharger in the navigation bar, it doesn’t think they exist in my multiverse. So very weird.

hahah, even the Tesla tech said, yeah thats not right, there like 12 near you lol. at least its not a total pain.
So based on your post I thought I’d check mine out. See if I could find the exact steps to show SCs. Wow, has it changed since I last SCed. Sometime in the recent updates (likely when the UI was updated with the thicker energy usage/regen line and new vehicle shapes) they changed the charging part of the maps. They have added L2 chargers and non Tesla chargers which is nice but they no longer just show nearby super chargers on the map. You used to be able to toggle on or off the red dots so they’d always show up if the map was showing an area where one was located. Now you have to hit the button and select L2 (one bolt), non Tesla DCFC or Urban SC (two bolts) or V2/V3 SC (three bolts). And it takes over the map and has the list on the left. Hate this. Hate hate hate. I don’t need a list, just let me click a red dot and select navigate here.

For your situation, it seems you are doing what the new nav requires to show them but they aren’t appearing. Here are a couple pics of nearby me and of CA in general. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to which SC are red and which are grayed out. There a bunch in Oregon that are much closer me than some of the red dots in Nevada and points southeast. Weird and unneeded. Allow us to toggle which type of charger but just show those that are in the mapped area like before. Don’t give us a drop down list with recently visited and full addresses. If we are looking on the map we will just click it. Not write down the address and look it up offline….

E24F7A21-287D-4833-A5DC-2BE66D012BE2.jpeg
81AD92F1-F366-4C00-8258-522D2D754970.jpeg

If anyone was curious and wanted an update ,for some reason when my car installed the latest update for me, it was corrupt, and Superchargers were left out of the package. So a Tesla engineer called me this AM, we rebooted the car, he then did some thing really cool remotely to the car/screen and it refreshed, rebooted, downloaded a small file, then two big ones. and now everything works. They admitted it was weird, and were glad it was posted because it was something fairly new they had scene. Anyway kudos to Tesla staff for figuring this out! Glad too, had a 800 mile road trip coming up and running ABRP seemed no fun the entire time.

I’m having the same issue no superchargers displaying on maps but also no apps showing in the entertainment menu. Arcade and toybox menus works fine. Just picked up from SC for the MCU2 upgrade. Will give Tesla a call and see how it goes.
Have you touched the map and clicked the supercharger icon on the right? They seem to come amd go for me and now only display this way.