Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The advice that is generally given is to put it as a cash deal until your assigned a VIN. Once you get VIN you can add a trade if you have one and apply for financing if you plan to finance.

Main reasons are trade-in expires after I believe 30 day and must be manually renewed. Failure to renew it can delay order. Also financing approvals are usually only goood for 60 day (some do up to 90 days). If you delivery doesn’t come in time you might need to reapply for financing so best to wait until you get a VIN. Usually (but not always) you have at least 7-10 days after you get VIN to take care of financials and trade.

It can be challenging to coordinate all this and with the shortages delivery dates sometimes get pushed out.

Reactions: BGOwner
Man how soon do we usually get a delivery window?
I ordered mid-late March and EDD is still "June 2022"
well, myself and my brother ordered MYLR 03/10 and 03/17 respectively. both of us from day 1 showing "September 2022" till now...checking everyday, but i don't see any date range either.
set cash no trade in set.... Txted tesla and told me everything looks good.

Completed the profile the first night, trading my current M3, financing all approved and everything. Guess time will tell!
Make sure you check on and update your trade-in every 30 days or whenever the pricing expires. Also if your financing expires you will need to reapply. Either one of those items might hold up your order…hence the suggestion to remove trade and select cash until you get VIN. I would check on it often to make sure you take any needed action.

I went into the Tesla store in San Diego and spoke to my advisor. He was looking at my order while I was pretty close to ordering a S. He then went into another screen and said that my car has a build date of 5/19. I immediately said what?!!! You have other info and he said yes, but not allowed to give that information away because it can always change. He and another rep said based on their experience, that date he pulled up is about 90% accurate and all orders have been delivered within 3-5 business days after build. This is the first time I actually got a solid date for a build. I hope this stands true and we should be getting our cars mid May!!!!

I went into the Tesla store in San Diego and spoke to my advisor. He was looking at my order while I was pretty close to ordering a S. He then went into another screen and said that my car has a build date of 5/19. I immediately said what?!!! You have other info and he said yes, but not allowed to give that information away because it can always change. He and another rep said based on their experience, that date he pulled up is about 90% accurate and all orders have been delivered within 3-5 business days after build. This is the first time I actually got a solid date for a build. I hope this stands true and we should be getting our cars mid May!!!!
If that holds true then your car will arrive at the local showroom last week of May. However, won't the scheduled delivery date be a few weeks after? If that were the case, you would pickup around early June, correct me if im wrong..

Make sure you check on and update your trade-in every 30 days or whenever the pricing expires. Also if your financing expires you will need to reapply. Either one of those items might hold up your order…hence the suggestion to remove trade and select cash until you get VIN. I would check on it often to make sure you take any needed action.
How come they don't send out notification that it's expired?