Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered in late March and had to pause once because we went out of town during the predicted June window and our new window was July 20-August 3. On July 20 it got pushed to July 26-August 9 so, like you, we’re entering our window today and hoping for a car and not a delay. Good luck!!!
This morning our window got pushed back again, now between Aug 1 and Aug 15. 😢

Hope you get your VIN this week. I'm excited for you. 😁👍 I'm still in the Nov-Jan limbo. I wouldn't mind a Thanksgiving or 1 week before Christmas delivery. That would be perfect😅
Well, my EDD changed today from 7/26-8/9 to 8/5-8/15.

I know others are convinced MYPs get delivered in 2-3 months, but I'm not seeing it. Frustrating because we originally ordered the MYLR and would have been happy with it. Only "upgraded" to get it quicker.

Today my order was pushed :again -
November 2 - December 14
It was October 23-November 18
MYLR with tow ,white / black interior no Fsd 20’ wheels …..
I don’t know what to say .
I prefer to wait more but not switch to P .
But this is not normal behavior from Tsla totally ignore people with Normal orders not Performance….
This is not cheap car by any means so shame on you Tsla ….
Ps .. OD was back 3/18/22 it was ODD estimate August/September 2022

November 2 - December 14
But this is not normal behavior from Tsla totally ignore people with Normal orders not Performance….
I placed my order 12/21/2021 long range white/black no extra and I am still waiting
People from October/November orders are still waiting

Well, my EDD changed today from 7/26-8/9 to 8/5-8/15.

I know others are convinced MYPs get delivered in 2-3 months, but I'm not seeing it. Frustrating because we originally ordered the MYLR and would have been happy with it. Only "upgraded" to get it quicker.
Sorry to hear that. But this is exactly why I just decided to wait it out...the constant change of delivery date whether it is LR or the P. Maybe if I changed to a P early in July, I would have more confidence of an early delivery, but we are literally at the end of July and even if I get a 2 week period delivery date of say for example in September, that's really only a couple of months from November ,December if I am going to stick it out with the LR. Either way, hope you guys who switched to the P will have a more steady delivery date. I think or rather I assume (not a fact) the reason for the ever changing delivery dates for the LR and the P is because we now have 2 factories delivering the Y - Fremont and Austin and maybe Tesla haven't really figured out where the cars would be coming from and which States will be getting the Fremont delivery or the Austin delivery - again not facts just an assumptiono_Oo_O😁

Reactions: sveetcharm
November 2 - December 14
My OD was 3/14 - MYLR/White w/tow and Gemini. Mine order was adjusted the the same EDD today…only my previous EDD was Dec/Jan. Our builds are similar so they must be refining their planning….

This morning our window got pushed back again, now between Aug 1 and Aug 15. 😢
Our window literally got pushed back this morning but this evening we got a VIN and an expected delivery from Jul 30 to Aug 2!!! The scheduler works in mysterious and nonlinear ways. WOOHOO!

Also I was regularly doing the 'view source' and 'find '5YJ'' trick to spot my VIN early so I was really surprised when the VIN started with '7SA'. I didn't know that they changed the X and Y vins to 7SA earlier this year.

My March order for LR MY now has Aug 1-14 EDD. It was Sep initially then Oct-Jan and changed to Aug 1-14 a week ago. How likely is that to happen? Once you get a 2 week window, is that certain?
It’s not. People regularly have their two week windows slip a week at a time, often when they’re actually in the window.

Think of it as being close to the front but the scheduler doesn’t really know. You’ll get a VIN out if the blue and if you don’t they’ll just keep pushing your window back. The window is a guess, not a commitment.

• Informative
Reactions: Budding and LanaS
With the potential of a new $7,500 tax credit for EV deliveries after January 1, 2023, I wonder how many MY buyers will cancel their orders, especially those with orders placed after the March 14th $3,000 price increase? Not sure someone who could benefit from the credit would want to accept a December delivery when waiting a month might save them $$$. Tesla might face an interesting situation with end of fourth quarter deliveries…. I could see Tesla increasing prices again before year end to discourage this….

Reactions: feslatan
With the potential of a new $7,500 tax credit for EV deliveries after January 1, 2023, I wonder how many MY buyers will cancel their orders, especially those with orders placed after the March 14th $3,000 price increase? Not sure someone who could benefit from the credit would want to accept a December delivery when waiting a month might save them $$$. Tesla might face an interesting situation with end of fourth quarter deliveries…. I could see Tesla increasing prices again before year end to discourage this….
Can’t people with existing orders just delay delivery until after end of the year? The income limit of $150k/$300k joint also really limits this credit for teslas. Are people out there really buying a $70k car with an income under $150?