Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be a good idea to let it go now if you could manage your way till you get delivery. Though i do not currently own a Tesla, but i was worried about trade in before i ordered for the model Y. We had 2 new vehicles (2021 Lexus Rx 350 (own) and 2021 RAV 4 (lease), then a 2008 Infinity QX56 that i use as utility car. So i got to know my Sister Inlaw and her husband were looking for another car, i quickly made them offer to pay off the leased car (RAV4) and own it, they were very happy and took the deal, so i then gave the Lexus to my wife and then started driving the infiniti since March, so i know all i have to deal with is the downpayment which i am trying to put as much as possible down to reduce monthly payment, with this frequent delay, looks like i ll be able to do 70% 80% downpayment lol, thats if i dont just pay it off at once.

Yea, our other vehicle is a 21 Tesla M3P. What's funny is I reserved the Y mainly as a precaution/hedge against the future. My wife drives a 2020 BMW X2, and at the time (March 2020), wasnt interested in replacing her vehicle with an EV (she's stubborn 😂.) Sure enough, gas went crazy and she was spending like $300/month on fuel alone. She started looking at the Mustang Mach E and Audi Q4 Etron, but they were all not only considerably more expensive than my reservation, but objectively worse for her when you factored in range, performance, and charging networks. Realistically, knowing she would change her mind after liking my car, I shouldve preordered the Y when I got my 3. 😂

Last edited:
On the financing, has anyone had any issues just taking them a bankers check at delivery time? My local credit union we use will only do it that way with instructions for them to be listed as the lien holder. Also are others in the Mid Atlantic Area getting Austin models or Fremont? I would have thought Tesla would be keeping most of the Fremont made units on the other coast by now.

Has anyone made a comprehensive guide on the subtle changes Tesla is doing to the model y’s and what factories are pushing out those changes? IE the matrix headlights etc? Keep seeing some of it but haven’t had the time to research it like some of y’all xD

Picked up the MYP on Friday 9/30. Still getting to know the car but the delivery experience was very underwhelming. I guess some like the "hand over the key card and have at it experience" but for me, a little demo/welcome to your new ride tutorial would have been nice. It would have been nice to have the delivery consultant go over the new car with me, also so I can point out some of the issues and concerns I had.

Anyway, the car had a chip/scratch in the paint which they tried to buff out with little success. Any advice or someone I can call other than the self service appointment on the app?

thanks

I’ve used that initial text I got when I ordered several times to talk to the service people. I was wondering if anyone’s changed their registration address after ordering and before taking delivery. I’ve moved since placing my order but didn’t want them to delay my order by asking them to change my registration information (even though it was only down the street). I vaguely remember some blurb about not being able to change your registration info after submitting it but also don’t want them denying pickup because my address isn’t the same.

My EDD is 11/14-12/19. I am seriously thinking about changing the interior to premium white. Would Tesla still honor the original price + the upgrade cost of the premium white?

How well does that interior hold up for a family with kids that may use it occasionally?

My EDD is 11/14-12/19. I am seriously thinking about changing the interior to premium white. Would Tesla still honor the original price + the upgrade cost of the premium white?

How well does that interior hold up for a family with kids that may use it occasionally?
Yes Tesla will honor the March pricing with just the $1000 extra for the white seats.

Haven't owned a white interior in any car so can't help with that one. I've read reports of people having no problems and then read reports of stains that can't be removed within the first week of ownership....so YMMV.

Reactions: EVDeepDive

I have a friend who got the white interior and while they love the color they said it's a pain to keep clean and sometimes wish they would have gotten the black.

Reactions: EVDeepDive
Yes Tesla will honor the March pricing with just the $1000 extra for the white seats.

Haven't owned a white interior in any car so can't help with that one. I've read reports of people having no problems and then read reports of stains that can't be removed within the first week of ownership....so YMMV.
Ahhhh I didnt know you could change the order without getting a new price. We were debating on adding the induction wheels to our LR MSM but were worried it would kick in the current price; I wonder if this change would influence the EDD as well. At $2K, I've been debating on whether they're worth it or not. I also have a spare set of 20x9" Uberturbines from my M3P so I'm on the fence on just using those on our Y.

Just to be safe, I'll probably leave things as they are. 😂

Last edited:
I’ve used that initial text I got when I ordered several times to talk to the service people. I was wondering if anyone’s changed their registration address after ordering and before taking delivery. I’ve moved since placing my order but didn’t want them to delay my order by asking them to change my registration information (even though it was only down the street). I vaguely remember some blurb about not being able to change your registration info after submitting it but also don’t want them denying pickup because my address isn’t the same.
I was able to change my registration address. But I had to go into the store to have them change it for me.

Ahhhh I didnt know you could change the order without getting a new price. We were debating on adding the induction wheels to our LR MSM but were worried it would kick in the current price; I wonder if this change would influence the EDD as well. At $2K, I've been debating on whether they're worth it or not. I also have a spare set of 20x9" Uberturbines from my M3P so I'm on the fence on just using those on our Y.

Just to be safe, I'll probably leave things as they are. 😂
Upgrading the wheels may improve your EDD if you currently have no options on your order. Most no option March orders are still showing ~Dec-Jan estimates but anyone with an option seems to have Oct-Nov estimates. When I added blue color as my only option it improved my EDD.

Reactions: randmness
Upgrading the wheels may improve your EDD if you currently have no options on your order. Most no option March orders are still showing ~Dec-Jan estimates but anyone with an option seems to have Oct-Nov estimates. When I added blue color as my only option it improved my EDD.
Not exactly the same as I had these options when I first ordered, however maybe another point of reference to reinforce what you're saying (although I'm still not 100% sure until I get it). My ODD is March 25 (MYLR) and I ordered with the 20" wheels and blue color and my EDD is October 13 -Oct 27.

Reactions: randmness
Not exactly the same as I had these options when I first ordered, however maybe another point of reference to reinforce what you're saying (although I'm still not 100% sure until I get it). My ODD is March 25 (MYLR) and I ordered with the 20" wheels and blue color and my EDD is October 13 -Oct 27.
Did u get ur vin text yet? I’m in the 2 week window also but haven’t received a text at all