Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems most with white interiors got bumped into November.
That makes sense as mine got bumped as well with white interior.

I better get an Austin 2023 model after all these delays. Would add insult to injury taking delivery of a year old model year days before the rebate kicks in after 10 months of waiting. Biggest fool of the bunch. Be smarter to bail and grab a performance 2023 for basically the same difference as in March.

What is MVPA? When can you actually rely on their dam dates? Once people get the VIN are they locking the date? I have to fly back to pick up the car from vacation and I am going to be Fíng pissed off to no end if they jack me around at the very end. I may wait until they tell me I have to come pick it up or lose it as it sounds like you can’t rely and jack until it is on site and they start bitching. Would love to hear from anyone who actually completed the process. Don’t think I have every had a worse customer buying experience.
MVPA is the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. Should show up under your documents in your Tesla account once you get a VIN. Just outlines the price line items. You would have had one for any vehicle you ever purchased.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.26.13 PM.jpg

Last edited:
My EDD just got moved forward from December 5 - December 30 to October 28 - November 11. MYLR, red ext, white int, 18", 5 seats, no tow, no FSD. I actually had a VIN number and a delivery date last month, but the VIN and delivery date took me by surprise and I had to put the delivery on hold. Naturally within hours after putting it on hold some clients paid me and I was able to accept delivery again... but I'd already forfeited my VIN. I then told Tesla I was ready to take delivery and have had a couple of different dates. I also removed FSD because my wife talked me into doing this. I may try to add it back if they will still honor the original price, or maybe add EAP. But the latest date gives me some optimism, something tells me it might be the one.

My experience have been rather different and as most of you ,very annoying.

Order Date : 03/03
Mostly EDD remained for Nov, suddenly end of September i got a 4 week window of Oct-Nov, followed by a 2 week window of Oct 8th-21.
Since then every first day into my window, it pushes ahead a week.
Oct : 08-21
Next : Oct 15-28
Next : Oct 28-Nov 10
Couple of days later it changed to : Oct 21-Nov 1 , lets see what happens tomorrow but i am assuming it will move ahead a week again.

My experience have been rather different and as most of you ,very annoying.

Order Date : 03/03
Mostly EDD remained for Nov, suddenly end of September i got a 4 week window of Oct-Nov, followed by a 2 week window of Oct 8th-21.
Since then every first day into my window, it pushes ahead a week.
Oct : 08-21
Next : Oct 15-28
Next : Oct 28-Nov 10
Couple of days later it changed to : Oct 21-Nov 1 , lets see what happens tomorrow but i am assuming it will move ahead a week again.
I've seen this pattern countless times on here. It sucks. I've never been able to figure out a reason why some people get stuck in this 2 week push pattern where as others don't. I assume it has to do with regional shipping and maybe the specifications of your order.

What are your order specifications? Certainly white interior is being delayed right now and 7 seats has always been a problem.

And of course the EDD is back to a longer, later window again. 🙃 It's now November 22nd to December 27th.

I can't help but to be fairly angry at that. This is the second time I've received an EDD that was a two week window, and the day after it got to those actual dates it updated to a longer, later window.
Once again changed this morning. Yet another two week window that I don't trust at all: October 27th - November 10th.

Reactions: Zer0Mpg
Not really in the same boat as I have been in Dec 1-31 limbo for about 2 weeks now since they changed my EDD from Oct 29- Nov 26 (also have a white interior). At least I'm in a way not in the EDD roller coaster since I have never ever have any 2 weeks window date. But we'll see in the next week or so if they decide to play with my EDD but I don't expect any changes until probably closer to December.

Eight days later, another new EDD, basically the same but contracted from a 5-week to a 4-week window: November 19 to December 17. 🙄
Same thing here this morning. Went from a 5 week window down to a 4 week window, EDD is now Nov 15-Dec 13. We will see how long this one lasts LOL. I figure once it gets on the ship they won't be changing the date again, well I hope they won't.

I've seen this pattern countless times on here. It sucks. I've never been able to figure out a reason why some people get stuck in this 2 week push pattern where as others don't. I assume it has to do with regional shipping and maybe the specifications of your order.

What are your order specifications? Certainly white interior is being delayed right now and 7 seats has always been a problem.
Pretty standard, white with black interior , 5 seater and 20" wheels.

I think what helps to add to the growing frustration for us all of the nonsense going on with our changing EDDs is that there's been no explanation from Tesla services, period, as to why. At least, I haven't personally received any communications.

Additionally, as far as I know, there's no actual, constructive way that customers can share feedback on their dissatisfaction with this. Obviously we can't share feedback on the vehicles themselves since we haven't received them. But, the purchasing and delivery experience is just as much a part of the Tesla experience as everything else.

You'd think if Tesla cared (and wanted to demonstrate that they did) that they would 1) have open, clear communication with their customer base on delivery dates, and ensure that customers didn't have to do their own sleuthing in order to maaaaybe find an explanation for the sporadic nature of the updating EDDS; and 2) have a clear, streamlined option for customers to share their feedback on the delivery and/or purchasing experience.

You'd think if Tesla cared (and wanted to demonstrate that they did) that they would 1) have open, clear communication with their customer base on delivery dates, and ensure that customers didn't have to do their own sleuthing in order to maaaaybe find an explanation for the sporadic nature of the updating EDDS; and 2) have a clear, streamlined option for customers to share their feedback on the delivery and/or purchasing experience.
I think it is a moving target. I do not know what I would do if I were in their shoes to demonstrate that I cared. I would imagine some people are trying to delay deliveries to January in order to get the ITC. I gave that some thought but concluded it was not worth the risk or losing my place in line. I still don't have a VIN but EDD of October 25 - October 30th which has moved closer from the previous outside date of November 2nd

Last edited:
I think it is a moving target. I would imagine some people are trying to delay deliveries to January in order to get the ITC. I gave that some thought but concluded it was not worth the risk or losing my place in line. I still don't have a VIN but EDD of October 25 - October 30th which has moved closer from the previous outside date of November 2nd
With a 5 day window you certainly have a VIN.
Check if you have an MVPA document showing up on your account page.
If not, search the source code of your account page for "7SAY". In Chrome hit Ctrl+U to open the source code and then Ctrl+F to search.
I've never seen anyone with under 1 week not have a VIN.
In my case I only found the VIN when the MVPA showed up. Only today when I actually scheduled my delivery appointment did the VIN finally show on my app and on my account page.

I think it is a moving target. I would imagine some people are trying to delay deliveries to January in order to get the ITC. I gave that some thought but concluded it was not worth the risk or losing my place in line. I still don't have a VIN but EDD of October 25 - October 30th which has moved closer from the previous outside date of November 2nd
Based on what I've seen in this thread and in personal experience I don't think we can hand wave this issue as a moving target. There is something deeply wrong with the algorithm when every single person says don't trust any EDD. It's not good for any buyer when they can't reasonably plan for a delivery date of a 70k expense.

I personally think this is an area Tesla really needs to focus on improving. Some simple communication on why an EDD has changed would be beneficial for all involved.

Based on what I've seen in this thread and in personal experience I don't think we can hand wave this issue as a moving target. There is something deeply wrong with the algorithm when every single person says don't trust any EDD. It's not good for any buyer when they can't reasonably plan for a delivery date of a 70k expense.

I personally think this is an area Tesla really needs to focus on improving. Some simple communication on why an EDD has changed would be beneficial for all involved.
I don’t think complaints are going to change much in this case. I think the deliveries are affected by a number of things and it’s going to be highly selective based on location. People closer to factories are just going to get orders quicker. Makes sense from a quarterly numbers standpoint which is what they primarily care about past revenue. Past that I believe anything that increases revenue is going to also affect it: upgrades, cash vs loan, trade in vs no trade in, possibly even value of trade in. Also for people who may be in areas that don’t get as many orders they probably wait until they get a “full truck of orders” to send to reduce cost, might even be the case for higher traffic areas just not felt as keenly.it would also explain lower Edd’s constantly being pushed back so they can finish off a couple more vehicles before shipping. Those are just a few of the things I believe are creating this look of chaos.

Reactions: Ampster
Those are just a few of the things I believe are creating this look of chaos.
I experienced a similar issue during first quarter 2016 when my Model X order got accelerated because I was in California and could take delivery quickly. Back then there had been a large quantity of Model Xs that had a few issues and were clogging the parking lot at the factory. I got a rebadged Performance model with the moveable spoiler that I am sure was software limited as a regular model.

Reactions: Zer0Mpg