Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could cancel your order? If you're that dissatisfied imagine thinking about it everyday as you get in your car to run an errand, go on a trip, or just to charge it...

If I'm already labeling something as the "worst experience of my life" - I'm probably going to continue that negativity through ownership...
Car ownership and buying experience are two entirely different things. Unfortunately being treated fairly applies to both parts of the process and Tesla is starting in a big hole with their actions this year. Trust is earned not given. And yes, you are correct, pretty much sucks to be going into your first Tesla purchase with such a negative experience to date. This is also tainting my decision of whether to trust Tesla or not with my insurance coverage as I was going to take a chance on that as well. Would love any comments from Tesla insurance subscribers, especially if you have ever had a claim.

Car ownership and buying experience are two entirely different things. Unfortunately being treated fairly applies to both parts of the process and Tesla is starting in a big hole with their actions this year. Trust is earned not given. And yes, you are correct, pretty much sucks to be going into your first Tesla purchase with such a negative experience to date. This is also tainting my decision of whether to trust Tesla or no with my insurance coverage as I was going to take a chance on that as well. Would love any comments from Tesla insurance subscribers, especially if you have ever had a claim.

From my experience (also a first time Tesla buyer) I’ve taken everything with a grain of salt when it comes to Tesla giving me an amazing customer experience at purchasing, or ownership. If TMC posts have taught me anything, it’s that everyone’s “mileage” is going to VARY.

If you took just the number of posts of people trying to receive basic service, then your intuition about insurance is probably also correct.

Fact is, TRUST isn’t something baked into their DNA or company culture. They don’t have the proper leadership structure in place to care enough and I’m assuming their low level advisors aren’t being trained to make sure everyone walks away with an unforgettable positive experience.

I also get delivery in Owings Mills with the same basic delivery date. I have not received the charger code yet, which makes me think it is not on the train yet from Fremont.

To add insult to injury my buddy that ordered 2.5 months after me, just got notified his MYLR left texas already and he should get delivery next week. Proof positive Tesla is screwing those who ordered before the price increases. He might actually get delivery 3.5 months total ahead of any FIFO process which means Tesla pulled any higher priced cars a full quarter ahead. Tesla is looking more and more like a very unscrupulous company and I am getting worried about how far their unfair treatment of customers actually goes. Worst buyer experience of my life so far.
I am in 100% agreement with you. Think of ordering furniture at the store, price goes up and store would send to those who ordered later than you did. Tesla is trying to make as much money as the can for the current quarter. Greedy, just like any other company. And Tesla's vision is to make EV affordable for everyone right??

I can't believe they aren't getting more scrutiny over this. It is absurd to make someone wait a year while others are getting the same car in 2-3 months.

Here comes the roller coaster ride....5 days after receiving a text from my SA saying that my car delivery is in a few weeks (meaning...don't know exactly), my EDD moved up by exactly 2 days on both ends. From 11/29-12/27 to now 11/27-12/25. Do you really think they'll do deliveries on Christmas. 😁 . Time to update my signature lol (so far 9 changes in EDD)

Reactions: John Haffner
I went from a 12/6 start of a delivery window change this morning (was 12/12 prior) to getting a text that I was assigned a VIN and could schedule delivery about 6 hours later. Makes me wonder if someone cancelled their order. Delivery options were 2 days out with 3 days to pick from - Thursday to Saturday this week. Lots of time windows. We’ll get the car on Thursday. It’s a 2023 model. The prep for delivery steps have been straight forward and quick this evening. Fingers crossed for a smooth experience during pick up. No additional messages/instructions yet on obtaining the mobile charger.

To make matters even worse I woke up today to see they opened up my delivery window from 2 weeks back to 4 weeks now. Dates are in the signature. I swear they are trying to get those that ordered at the lower price to drop. My buddy who ordered the same car 2.5 months later will be driving his a month before I even see my car.

To make matters even worse I woke up today to see they opened up my delivery window from 2 weeks back to 4 weeks now. Dates are in the signature. I swear they are trying to get those that ordered at the lower price to drop. My buddy who ordered the same car 2.5 months later will be driving his a month before I even see my car.
We must be on the same schedule, because they did the same to me. Just woke up to see it went back to a 4 week window. ugh. I think that we ordered white interior may be part of the reason.

We must be on the same schedule, because they did the same to me. Just woke up to see it went back to a 4 week window. ugh. I think that we ordered white interior may be part of the reason.
I also think white interior is the reason that alot of march order have been push back to december 2022. I also have white/white MYLR5 Ordered on March 6. If you check other forum, there is one specifically for white interior, alot of order have been delay also

You never can tell. This happened to me last week thursday, i woke up to see it moved back to december 16-31 from November 13-24, then few hours later i got a call for trade in (i said no trade in), another few hours later i got a VIN, and before the end of that day i scheduled delivery. Initial delivery set for tomorrow, but i received a call yesterday saying they may not be able to meet the scheduled day, so it pushed to this friday. So apparently, the initial Nov 13-24 was right. Other EDs are in my signature. OD 3/19

Interesting developments here today. First, I woke up, checked the app, and my EDD was pushed back later and 4-week window again: Dec. 1-29. It's my 12th EDD. Argh! I must be part of the white seats delay as several of you are.

Then, I got a call from Tesla asking me if I'm going to be doing a trade-in; I said yes and gave him my Kia's info. I asked if he had any insight into my EDD; he said no, simply that I have not been paired with a vehicle yet.

And now, I check the website and for the first time since I ordered, it's a little different. It says "Prepare for delivery" and allows me to enter more details about the trade-in. Also, it has my delivery location wrong. I had originally sent it to Atlanta, then called Tesla a few months ago to change it to Brandon, MS, but right now the website still says Atlanta. Gotta call again...

Reactions: Ymond