Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2023 Price Cuts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I haven't pulled the trigger on a new 2023 Model X. I optimized the configuration for range over (insane) acceleration but opted to forgo the $15,000 FSD package.
But. My negotiations have moved to the "Customer Loyalty Team" in Fremont where they offered me a modest price for my current 2017 MX without ever seeing it. They said that the "base" offer would expire at the end of February. They also said (on a recorded line) that the offer could increase once they evaluate the vehicle and described that process as submitting a set of six pictures. It's tempting. But why Feb 28th? I noticed that Mr. Musk is planning to make a big announcement on March 1, 2023, on Investor's Day. Could this include further MX price cuts?
And yes, they offered the $3000 with your trade or 3 years of free supercharging. But I put the numbers into a spreadsheet and figured how much extra sales tax (ours here in Washington State is 10%) I would have to pay if I didn't do the trade-in deal. I would have to add that to the price I would need to break even with a private sale.
I hate to get locked into a deal only to walk away from another 10% price cut days later. Now I know why I don't like to buy cars. Especially since they cost as much as the first two homes we bought--combined.

Last edited:
Here is a recap of Model X prices going back to January 2021 when the refresh was introduced.

1678123468232-png.914507

The MX is still way overpriced. So much so that inventory vehicles are currently priced $10K less than new.

Also, don’t let Tesla handle your trade. Sell privately or to any other 3rd party. You’re basically throwing money away.
Not true. Tesla paid me more than any other car buyer last year plus I had a tax incentive. You should say compare prices and not assume someone will be better or worse than others. I could have sold a bit more private party which could have taken who knows how long. Then you have to deal with idiots and low offers. Trade and done and missed out on a couple grand. Whoopdeedoo. I’ll throw that money away all day long. My time and aggregation is worth money.