Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked today's action. Or inaction on my part. My TSLA winnings increased by 26.8% in one day. If I were to do that every trading day this year I'd be a gazillionaire!

Actually, I'll be thrilled if this year is anything close to how last year was for me. My portfolio tripled:D (+206%), with TSLA holdings accounting for ~55% of my gains.

Nicely done! I'm sure a certain annoying troll on this forum did just as well with his portfolio.... :rolleyes:

Delivery and production in the Q4 report really shouldn't make much difference on the SP. We know that Tesla will get there eventually. What should propel the stock at this point are all the reports that the Model 3 is an absolute game changer. If it had the looks and performance of the Bolt or Leaf, that would be a problem, but clearly, it doesn't.

Delivery and production in the Q4 report really shouldn't make much difference on the SP. We know that Tesla will get there eventually. What should propel the stock at this point are all the reports that the Model 3 is an absolute game changer. If it had the looks and performance of the Bolt or Leaf, that would be a problem, but clearly, it doesn't.

If it had the look and performance of a Bolt or Leaf, I would start to wonder if intelligence is of any use in this world....

In my Model 3 just yesterday I was at a stop light next to a Bolt. It looked much shorter than my 3. It looked like a total econo-box. In the small town of Ventura, the very next stop light I came to, guess what! There was another Model 3 next to me!

In my Model 3 just yesterday I was at a stop light next to a Bolt. It looked much shorter than my 3. It looked like a total econo-box. In the small town of Ventura, the very next stop light I came to, guess what! There was another Model 3 next to me!

Sorry @gene, but Ventura is half the size of Washington, state ;) and damned near next door to Fremont:confused: Hey, congrats and love your updating us:D FYI ~ I know the area, now from old memory, as I married one of the original Valley Girls. My god does she love her MX:p

Sorry @gene, but Ventura is half the size of Washington, state ;) and damned near next door to Fremont:confused: Hey, congrats and love your updating us:D FYI ~ I know the area, now from old memory, as I married one of the original Valley Girls. My god does she love her MX:p
You are making the same mistake a lot of people make. You are thinking of Ventura Blvd area of LA. Ain't no Valley Girls in Ventura, it ain't "The Valley". Ventura is 100k people, just south of Santa Barbara,

FYI, looking like Q4 numbers will not be out today per the ir.tesla site. They must have been getting a lot of refreshes on the site and posted a note.

Investors Overview

Q4 2017 Reporting Date: Please stay tuned as date has not yet been set

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog
FYI, looking like Q4 numbers will not be out today per the ir.tesla site. They must have been getting a lot of refreshes on the site and posted a note.

Investors Overview

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the Q4 financial reports, not deliveries. They don't set a date for deliveries.

Investors Overview

I would guess that this is referring to the Q4 letter and conference call. Not the sales update we are expecting today.

Investors Overview

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the Q4 financial reports, not deliveries. They don't set a date for deliveries.
I would guess that this is referring to the Q4 letter and conference call. Not the sales update we are expecting today.
This. It's unrelated to today's announcement.

Mike Smith, Snapdragon and Zaxxon are likely right, nevertheless I just now emailed investor relations for clarification.

Mike Smith, Snapdragon and Zaxxon are likely right, nevertheless I just now emailed investor relations for clarification.

I think they're definitely right, and we'll get the numbers today or tomorrow.

I mean it's just about reporting how many cars were delivered and produced.

There is no accounting calculations, reporting, business overviews... to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLC13
Inside EV’s reporting December/ Q4 USA deliveries. Record USA about 12,000 for the quarter. Add in 9000 for Europe decent Canada and Asia sales, model S and X are looking good. Interesting no number for Model 3 yet. Like us, they’ve decided it’s too random and will wait for Tesla.

Correction - i did math from a quick look on iphone. Actual inside ev report shows 7430 Model S sold in Q4 and 6025 Model X sold in Q4, for a total of 13,455. If Europe really is on track for 9,000, which seems very attainable, we only need 5000 in China and ROW for 27,000.
Regardless, for today, Model 3 sales will as likely as not, cause a short term drop in the stock. Not likely that deliveries are over 2000 and it seems a lot of targets were not updated following the earnings report.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.