Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see it still going out. 11 in the past few hours on TeslaFi.

Not sure as those could just be the few folks that finally got around to installing a previously downloaded file (perhaps they just returned from being away, etc.). Doesn't make since (to me anyway) to have a trickle rate that slow. I can see dumping a hundred here and there, before the big roll out, but this drip is what we saw with 36.1 - before it was replaced with 36.2.1.... so, I'll be looking for 36.3.x... Given up on 36.2.1, myself.

We paid for FSD on 2.5 and if we are missing of any features vs 3.0 then tesla needs to update our chip as promise to make it compatible. I hope they are not waiting to roll out all traffics stopping, citi pilot to HW3 then upgrade to us. He also said the HW2.5 capable of city and traffic lights. So idk, feel like we bought FSD, down almost into 2 years of owner ship now (Jun 2018). And we didnt get what was promise on FSD. 3 more years till 5 years warranty is up and car starts breaking down and outdated we need to trade in. I felt like FSD is a scam.

Reactions: jebinc and KJD
Maybe those of us who purchased FSD before 4/19 will get the 2nd gen chip they're referencing?
"Or is it possible that the second generation of the FSD chip (already in the works) will be required for Level 5 autonomy?"

If you purchased FSD, according to Elon, the HW3 upgrade will be included at no cost. Who knows what’ll happen between now and the time they’re ready to upgrade our HW 2.5 chips? Sure would be nice to get the 2nd generation chip but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

We paid for FSD on 2.5 and if we are missing of any features vs 3.0 then tesla needs to update our chip as promise to make it compatible. I hope they are not waiting to roll out all traffics stopping, citi pilot to HW3 then upgrade to us. He also said the HW2.5 capable of city and traffic lights. So idk, feel like we bought FSD, down almost into 2 years of owner ship now (Jun 2018). And we didnt get what was promise on FSD. 3 more years till 5 years warranty is up and car starts breaking down and outdated we need to trade in. I felt like FSD is a scam.
I think that Tesla is waiting until city driving (stop light/sign and city traffic) is close to rolling out. Hopefully they’ll start upgrading us to HW3 (or whatever it’ll be by then) at that point. Definitely frustrating waiting.

• Helpful
Reactions: DBeckwith

If I recall, Tesla said you will get HW 3 if you bought full self driving.
He also said (In some context) that we will get the HW 3 upgrade when FSD features require it.
I’m not sure (missing traffic cones), would qualify for FSD features. That’s a visual thing, not a FSD feature.
Relax a little, you’ll get the HW 3 upgrade when the software requires it for FSD.

Why do people keep saying “upgrade our 2.5 chips”?
HW3 is an entire computer upgrade with new redundant power supplies, redundant camera inputs, redundant RAM, CPU, GPU and neural processing network units. They appear to keep the water cooling block and that’s pretty much it.

I’ve been spending my weekend upgrading my Intel 4930k to an AMD 3900X chip. :rolleyes:

2.5 has all that too. It’s just a chip upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0. 2.0 to 3.0 would be extensive.

Why do people keep saying “upgrade our 2.5 chips”?
HW3 is an entire computer upgrade with new redundant power supplies, redundant camera inputs, redundant RAM, CPU, GPU and neural processing network units. They appear to keep the water cooling block and that’s pretty much it.

I’ve been spending my weekend upgrading my Intel 4930k to an AMD 3900X chip. :rolleyes: