Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.2 - FSD AutoSteer Stop Sign Warning and Adjacent Lane Speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart summon seems to be more nervous that ever, it practically crawls through the parking lot so much so I just give up and walk to it. Also got in last night in perfectly fine weather and you would have thought it was a monsoon based on how fast the wipers were moving. This update was a big flop.

My wipers decided to go crazy as well around 5:15pm PST. Had been on the road for a few mins and then wipe!!!! Weird. They got turned off with the quickness

On the AP/NOA problems in this release:
We just completed a 1,200 mile drive, at least 95% on NOA. LRAWD, HW 2.5.
Did not notice any more problems than on our previous release 36.2.4 until the last leg of the trip.
The difference was that up to the last leg we were in Chill mode. Turned Chill off for the last leg and noticed the problems discussed in this thread.
Could the 5% power upgrade be behind these problems?

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12 and Radlaw
Looks like 40.5.x (Elon’s Christmas Update?) is headed our way so...
658DF3CF-A420-41C3-A95E-EC9486F46FCC.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Since the update that gave us the adjacent lane speed monitoring, TACC no longer works properly when resuming speed following an automated speed reduction. It is supposed to (and used to) return to the last set speed after doing a temporary speed reduction that it did due to road condition, visibility etc. Now it goes to the speed limit. This is really messing up my commute using AP since it is all on a freeway that is under construction where the posted speed limit does not match the speed in Tesla's database. So, every time it decides to slow down, which due to the construction happens often, I have to reset the set point every time it resumes speed.

Since the update that gave us the adjacent lane speed monitoring, TACC no longer works properly when resuming speed following an automated speed reduction. It is supposed to (and used to) return to the last set speed after doing a temporary speed reduction that it did due to road condition, visibility etc. Now it goes to the speed limit. This is really messing up my commute using AP since it is all on a freeway that is under construction where the posted speed limit does not match the speed in Tesla's database. So, every time it decides to slow down, which due to the construction happens often, I have to reset the set point every time it resumes speed.
I've noticed the same! I'm guessing you take C-470 as well? For the past year and a half, TACC has lowered my speed from 60 to 50 in spots and then resumed to 60 once I would pass those spots. Now it changes my speed from 60 down to 50 and then up to 70 in the construction zone!

Reactions: GalacticHero
I've noticed the same! I'm guessing you take C-470 as well? For the past year and a half, TACC has lowered my speed from 60 to 50 in spots and then resumed to 60 once I would pass those spots. Now it changes my speed from 60 down to 50 and then up to 70 in the construction zone!

Yep, I drive almost the entire length of C470 . Let's hope CDOT finishes the construction and Tesla fixes TACC. BTW I just installed the .7 bug fix update and it does not fix this.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
2019.40.2.1 - HW2 MCU 1 Model S (w/FSD option) - seems we haven't gotten an update in a bit. BUT I noticed today it is detecting stop signs! The car in front of me at a stop, stopped and took off, so naturally the car on autopilot starts moving towards the stop sign and accelerating when I get a STOP sign in the instrument cluster and the shrill warning we get for Signals.

Pretty cool to know at least we have similar Stop and Signal warnings as the HW3's on the newest 2019.40.50.xx builds

I noticed the stop light dash icons on the MS when testing one today.
Does that appear on the M3 with FSD as well? If so, is it easy to see?
Yes they do appear on Model 3’s with FSD, and are shown on any car with HW3 even if the FSD option was not purchased for that car. See First look at Tesla's 'Full Self-Driving Sneak Preview' - Electrek

NOTE: that capability requires firmware .50.x which is being discussed in a different thread at MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This thread is about an earlier firmware version which does not have that capability.