Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That update trick was debunked not long after it was reported. Even if it did work this version is still only available to vehicles in Early Access at the moment which is an extremely small percentage of the entire fleet.

That’s not reality. I didn’t have it this morning. Drove around and came home. Walked back out to the car and it stated checking, and low and behold there it was. I did not purchase the full self driving option.

Maybe I could start a rumor by saying I got early access because I have a 2019 Model S Performance and am waiting on my XL Solar install to be scheduled?

Nice update but I'm still waiting for the ability to play a specific streaming song via voice control to be restored. I used that feature all the time. I'm guessing that it was somehow a cost cutting measure (Slacker might charge Tesla more for users to be able to request a specific song) but it really sucks to have a useful feature removed after you've paid for something.

I am running out of time on WiFi before I leave for the holidays!! Please pick me next Tesla.

The best way to get the update as fast as possible: Controls/Software updates. This will cause the car to search for updates. You can see the text that indicates this. When found, it will automatically start the download. You can monitor progress with the app. When done downloading, you can then start the update.

It's a sneak preview and beta .. did you expect it to be 100% functional at once? Yes, they have a way to go, but this is a BIG step forward, and an impressive one imho.

Nope. Not looking to start a flame war. But a preview implies a higher level ability to recognize things. To build some confidence for us. Just recognizing things accurately will be step 1 of many many steps. It's the 'easy' part. And needs to be right almost 100% of the time. For me, it was wrong more than right. If it was right 80% of time I'd feel better, knowing the last 20 will be really hard. The inability to see light color at the stopping point really surprised me. Same with bike lane missing.

I tried the “Open Glove Box” voice command on my Model X. ‘Received a message stating “This command is not available yet”. Am I correct to assume that it does not work for the X since there is a physical button to mechanically open and close the glove box (vs the Model 3 which is software driven?)

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Hw3 model 3 car got it. Nothing for the hw2 mcu1 model s yet nor my sisters hw2.5 model 3.

are we sure hw2.5 is getting it? Or are the people that think they have hw2.5 actually have 3.0?

Edit: seems a lot of 2.5 mcu 2 ppl are saying they are getting it. I wonder if mcu 1 ap2 gets any love?
so I'm a March 2019 delivery, purchased FSD for $5K and I'm not seeing any of the visualization features... I'm bummed. Anyone else seeing this?

The best way to get the update as fast as possible: Controls/Software updates. This will cause the car to search for updates. You can see the text that indicates this. When found, it will automatically start the download. You can monitor progress with the app. When done downloading, you can then start the update.

That has yet to work for me. I tried last night nothing. 3AM today I get notification Update Ready to install.
Maybe if I tried at 2AM I might have got it an hour faster.

Then what does a human driver do? Around here, where there are near lights that get out of view when you're right at the line, there are also far lights on the other side of the intersection. That is, something is visible.

The point is they are easy to see for a driver. Normal lights at a 4 way stop. I'm surprised at how limited the camera angle is.

If I wasn't getting on a plane I'd post examples and they'd surprise most.

Last edited:
Loving all the new voice commands. Here's what I found so far.

New in 2019.40.50:
open glovebox
Set cabin temperature to {xx}
Turn AC {on/off}
{open, close} rear camera
adjust my {left,right} mirror
Text {contact} {message}
Turn wipers {on,off,auto}
{increase, decrease} {fan,wiper} [speed]
Turn {on,off} {front,rear} defogger
unfold mirrors
web browser
{Lock,unlock} doors
adjust air {left, right, center}
Set fan speed to {off,1..11,max,min}

Voice Command Compendium | Tesla

I downloaded the update today and took it for a nice drive. Sadly speed limit signs are still not recognized but wow stop signs and stop lights are. The screen even shows whether the stoplight is green or red. BIG improvement. I had one phantom brake in the 30 mile trip but the car does better at lane mergers. I am truly impressed with this update, acceleration is a little better and regeneration is vastly improved. Still trying to figure out the voice control features. I have a LRDM M3 3AP. Happy holidays to you all and may the Schwartz be with you. (Look up meatballs, lol)

Ahh, I just got it working on iPhoneX via iMessage.

I re-paired it. Turns out I don't think I had to. But it walked me through it :)

Notifications needed to be turned on, on the Bluetooth connection (I probably already had that on, on my original pairing).

And you have to enable "Sync Messages" on your phone pairing in the car. And the only way to get to that option is "Add a Phone" (under Music with page expanded, also not very intuitive) then you can see all paired phones and select them and change options. Also enabled "Chime on New Message".

Note: I could not turn on "Sync Messages" until Notifications were enabled on the Bluetooth connection.

It's working perfect on iMessage. Release notes could have steered us a little better.

49270301877_48970a1c8b_b_d.jpg

49270123956_044f1a1ffb_b_d.jpg

I was just going to post the same thing. That should fix the messaging for iPhone users.