Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This latest version is more cone-obsessed than ever. I even have seen cones up in the air next to traffic lights. While I think they have trash cans down OK, but the system is severely lacking for visualizing nearby cars. Some clown almost hit me and it didn't even register in the space in front of me.

I know what you mean. I drove past a circus today and man oh man, you should have seen all those cones piling out of that little car. I'll be here all week........

Last edited:
I don’t think I understand your vision. Can you post a sketch?

311-C942-C-78-C8-4-AB8-BF60-E90-DF7047216.jpg

Attachments

• 41415C66-62C5-4694-A198-678DD1EA3DDB.jpeg
    41415C66-62C5-4694-A198-678DD1EA3DDB.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC
I know what you mean. I drove past a circus today and man oh man, you should have seen all those cones piling out of that little car.

I think when I saw cones dancing around the stoplights (in the air) that I really couldn't believe it! Trash cans - meh! But why does it not look to the side for pedestrians? Now that would impress me.

Looking for cars about to enter your space couldn't hurt either.

And yes, we have lots of deer here - and I don't want to hurt one. Just make the deer look like a trashcan in the middle of the road. That will work!

I know what you mean. I drove past a circus today and man oh man, you should have seen all those cones piling out of that little car.
Yeah the sensitivity (leading to false positives) for seeing cones is way higher than the specificity since 2019.42. Anything slightly triangular and Yellow - orange and static or reflect-y , even ground lane markings, appear as cones.

Reactions: PACEMD
I like it when the forum starts brainstorming design ideas for the new features. Good fun and crowdsourced wireframing for Tesla!

Maybe it make it more subtle by just painting the stop-line? (Like it does when changing lanes on NoA and another car blocks it)

Also, the line the car is planning to follow could also turn red or become dashed or something from the stop-line.

it will be fun to see how they play with viz of the planned path with stop signs, intersection turns, etc.