Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the visualization for traffic lights would be better if the top of the lanes were red faded down to white or green faced down to white instead of the dorkey stop light clip art. If they goal is to display information, that would make it a lot more clearer.

Reactions: ZappCatt
good call. . I guess me asking about the scratches on my car, missing plate holder, missing charging cable and being out of the nema adapter at delivery got me on the list.

I’ll wait patiently. (Still love the car though)

I've been waiting (impatiently) since 50.1 started rolling out in volume without any luck. Today I got in the car and the screen was black, apparently in the middle of a reboot for reasons unknown to me. As soon as it came back up I had the download link for 50.1. A couple of hours later I downloaded and installed it without issue. I decided to do a full power off after setting up the new options but the car never seemed to get really silent after ~5 mins so I pressed the brake peddle to "turn it on" and the screen came up immediately...and was halfway through downloading 50.5...now I know why it didn't shutdown all the way :)

I'm not suggesting the restart caused me to magically get added to the list for 50.1, just that I think the car was in some funky state that was preventing me getting it when I was apparently on the list. I'm not suggesting the attempt to power down caused me to get added to the list for 50.5 either, I think it just started downloading at about the time I tried to power cycle it.

Anybody that hasn't been offered 50.x might try restarting the panel, just in case yours is stuck in whatever funk mine was.

Reactions: ZappCatt

Today’s update added new and improved voice commands, as well as, additional visualizations and some games. I’m seeing stop signs, colored street lights, more vehicle shapes BUT...

The voice commands are completely broken. None work, not even the previous commands. I called my local Tesla service center and they are “aware of the problem and working to push out a fix”. He indicated that “some of the cars” were affected.
Definitely my new 2020 M3 LR AWD.

The microphone doesn’t even pick up any voice commands for me. It’s terrible.

I got 50.5 today haven’t tested it out much. I was at a stop light and the light was not working. But the computer was picking it up as being green when the light(s) were red.

Got 50.1 (after being out of town with the car out of Wi-Fi). I was bracing for all the issues after reading the thread- but it’s been wonderful.

The only glitch I had is that the download had to download twice before installing. Other than that:
- no lane ping pong
- voice commands work at first try (assuming the command is in the repertoire)
- fsd visualizations work (after turning them on of course)
- haven’t tried text messaging
- autopilot feels markedly smoother than 2019.42 - I do a regular drive involving three highways and 60 miles each way over urban and rural areas and this is the first time NoA did the whole thing on-ramp to off-ramp. Smoother stops in traffic, no sudden braking for ghosts, and the assertive lane changes worked like a charm. Autopilot still has lots of situations where it needs to get better (like complex merges, to name one of hundreds) but you can sense the monthly progress.

getting .5 now, knocking on wood
(AWD ”+” , hw3 , Fsd)

they say they aren't upgrading hw2.5 to hw3 until the software makes use of the 3 but to be honest my friends new model 3 with the hw3 drives much smoother in autopilot and i am pretty sure it's due to it also seeing many more surrounding cars and updating them much smoother on the display then my car does. it's internal frame rate and precision of detection is clearly in another league from my hw2.5 car. after driving in both for some time now i'm quite certain cars with hw3 'are' making use of the new hardware and not just for the new visualizations.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
I'm interested to see how the car will eventually determine what to do at a 4 way stop, flashing red or yellow, and intersections where the lights are out completely.
And add to your list how will the car eventually handle simple intersections with no lights or stop signs? I have 2 of these right near my house. Stop and look both ways before moving-:)

Did you check the setting to make sure the update didn't change the regenerative braking setting to "low". It shouldn't have but then again......

it didnt, and i set it to low and back to standard just in case it is a glitch.
One pedal driving was possible but now definetely is not anymore.
Before it felt that between 20 and 50kmh you'd press the brake quite hard.

i updated today and my regenerative braking is MUCH weaker than what it was before. anyone noticed this?
Yes, same here. It feels far weaker at higher speeds to the point that I need to use the brake again. I don’t like it. I haven’t been driving too much so I thought it was just the battery not being warm enough though the past couple day’s it’s been quite warm. I toggled the regen setting last week to try to see if that was the issue but no luck.

I can't seem to get "Bug Report" to work like it did before the voice command update. Now, when you say "Bug Report" and say what the bug is, it says the command isn't recognized. You can just say, "Bug Report" and nothing else to trigger the "Thanks!" message. Anyone else seeing this?