Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just drove with 50.7 today. Haven’t tried any of the voice commands or texting yet but still experiencing swaying back and forth with this release on AP. Really wish they fix this. Will send an email to Tesla but I’m sure they’re already aware of it.

Just drove with 50.7 today. Haven’t tried any of the voice commands or texting yet but still experiencing swaying back and forth with this release on AP. Really wish they fix this. Will send an email to Tesla but I’m sure they’re already aware of it.

Been my experience as well. Although, I feel like this version might be a little bit better but I concede it might just be some kind of placebo effect. I felt like it would just kind of sway all the time no matter if the road was straight, curved, congested or empty. Now, I feel like it takes something to trigger it or set it off like a sharp curve, gust of wind, quickly passing traffic, things like that. Right now, those things will get it going and it eventually settles back in to the center over a few hundred feet whereas before, it would just go on for miles until I got sick and disengaged AP. All I can hope for is that they are messing with the "oscillation damping" settings and will eventually get it right. Even though that seems like an objective setting that could easily be determined using test vehicles outfitted with data recording equipment and the proper analysis afterwards rather than the current scheme which seems to be to release software to the world then check twitter and reddit for complaints.

Given the forum, the verygreen quote doesn't seem terribly relevant and renders arguing whether "integrity check" = "CRC" somewhat moot, IMHO :)
I assume you mean because it is a Model 3 forum ... but certainly Tesla has some consistency in how they do 100,000s of OTAs per year! (On 1000s of setups of WiFI (and cellular) connections). VeryGreen doesn't have access to a 3 that I know of. It is silly to think for a second that there are not inherent ways explicitly or implicitly that these OTA downloads are not verified with resiliency checks.

I assume you mean because it is a Model 3 forum ... but certainly Tesla has some consistency in how they do 100,000s of OTAs per year! (On 1000s of setups of WiFI (and cellular) connections). VeryGreen doesn't have access to a 3 that I know of. It is silly to think for a second that there are not inherent ways explicitly or implicitly that these OTA downloads are not verified with resiliency checks.

Oh, I completely agree that there has to be some kind of "consistency check" involved, no question.

Guys let's chill for second. I posted an update it was a hardware issue.

First everyone is correct here it's just we're all making different assumptions.

1) Software updates are not shipped in one massive file as I have learned they are shipped in separate files. I learned this because the tech was able to install each portion of the update separately.

In my case and I don't have all of the details yet, only about half of the software update completed. So half the overall system was updated and the second half did not complete. a HW issue caused the problem. Basically they did not know how to communicate with each other. If you can imagine:

I am speculating but it's based on the limited info I received over text.

Part 1 contains the HW drivers for NAV and Cameras for example.
Part 2 is the next layer protocols to communicate with the to and from the drivers.

If Part 1 is installed but part 2 does not, then you're in trouble and if a HW failure prevents part 2 from completing Then the sofwarte does not know how to communicate with the nav and camera systems.

It seems to be a one off so no one has to be concerned, but if you find yourself in a similar position this could be the answer

This is just nonsense.

I highly doubt WIFI firmware is being updated very often.

If you want to make dumb excuses for a Tesla tech's dumb excuses go right ahead.

And if it was a well managed install everything should have updated and ended up with failed WIFI.

You don't "wipe" everything and then start with one of the least critical components and then stop.

The Technician wouldn't probably have a clue that, that happened either. He's just blaming tech he doesn't even understand.

Well I can appreciate your comments but they're a bit categorical given you really have no information on the matter. The update failed and the error code listed a network error. It wasn't the tech making it up. I saw the diagnostic logs. It turned out to be something else, but the tech was not being dishonest, irresponsible or 'dumb' as you stated.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

For those that live in colder climates, have you seen this behavior from regen? Basically, regen will be limited at say 50% when it is 40 degrees outside (which seems like a lot of lost regen in a not extremely cold situation but that is a topic for another thread) and I will be going say 60 mph and fully remove my foot from the accelerator pedal to begin stopping for a light or something. My first reaction will be to notice that regen feels basically non-existent so I will have to use the real brakes but I was warned about that by the message on the screen so I can't complain too much. Next I will look at the green regen bar and see that its only maxing out at like 50% of the limited range (25% of the entire regen range) which corroborates the dramatic lack of braking. Anyone know what gives? If the car is showing that 50% regen is available, I would like it to max that available braking capacity out and recuperate that energy so I don't have to waste it with the friction brakes. Almost feels like these latest software versions are being super conservative with battery management in cooler weather going so far to pretend to have 50% regen when really its closer to only 30% in reality.

And only somewhat related, I really wish there was an option I could toggle to make the car emulate regen when it isn't capable of real regen so I always know how much braking force to expect just like my i3 does. I know many don't want this but I really like it so a user-selectable option would be awesome in my opinion.

Aside:
Nice web app for all the voice commands, neatly categorized: Tesla Voice Commands
Via crowdsourced (i.e. we all can add via form to it) google sheet and is mentioend on it as well: V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands

Funny thing, for grins and giggles, I told the car that, “my @$$ is cold..” and it turned on the seat warmers! :eek:
Yes, biggest joke. It is repeated by numerous people on Twitter and on many FB groups. Probably have seen in dozens of times now.

Aside:

Via crowdsourced (i.e. we all can add via form to it) google sheet and is mentioend on it as well: V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands

Yes, biggest joke. It is repeated by numerous people on Twitter and on many FB groups. Probably have seen in dozens of times now.
What I saw on the list was "butt" so I tried "@$$" and that worked (and "@$$" wasn't on the list)...

Aside:
What I saw on the list was "butt" so I tried "@$$" and that worked (and "@$$" wasn't on the list)...
rdPCnpN.jpg