Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure Tesla tweaked the efficiency of the model 3. I've owned mine now for 700 miles, drive normal but on highways quite a bit (slam my foot down at least twice every drive)

700 miles in I'm averaging a lifetime 215 wh/mi that's what, 340ish miles on a full charge? A bit better than the rated range. I look every drive and stunned to see 200 wh/mi or less when not driving a lot on the highway.

Edit: car was produced 2/20.

would be normal if you dont need AC or heating (electric seats use less than the stereo system...) and are in one of the 55mph states. flooring doesnt matter much for range as the extra energy for 2 seconds is irrelevant. 90km/h should get you like 140w/km. city driving will be even less.

would be normal if you dont need AC or heating (electric seats use less than the stereo system...) and are in one of the 55mph states. flooring doesnt matter much for range as the extra energy for 2 seconds is irrelevant. 90km/h should get you like 140w/km. city driving will be even less.

To be clear: I drive around in Texas with the typical highway speed is 70-75. 215 wh/mi at that speed, as I understand it, is pretty solid.

To be clear: I drive around in Texas with the typical highway speed is 70-75. 215 wh/mi at that speed, as I understand it, is pretty solid.

it is not possible to drive at 75 mph (and probably use AC if you are in Texas) and have 215wh/mi. You are either tailgaiting other cars i.e. trucks or dont drive as fast as you think you do (i.e. you spend significant time driving slower due to towns, intersections etc).

Multiple independent tests have shown that with AC off you get around 350km out of a SR+ or 450km out of a LR model with aero wheels at 120km/h.
Beating this figure by over 100km is not possible, even if you i.e. have an odd costal commute where you always have tailwind (so not applicable to texas anyway).

To reach 215wh/mile you probs need to drive around 90-95km/h. Probably a bit on the faster end with the SR and slower end with the LR.

Reactions: Adopado
How is your mobile service doing this when I did the same thing and they reached out and said none available and they just cancel my request???
I was worried about that too but I got lucky I guess. It literally took a minute and he was gone.
54AB99FD-7610-4BCC-85DD-6DD7B8A8124C.jpeg
C6AB1763-F72E-4611-88A3-0EC51E28C9AE.jpeg

My commute to home yesterday, driving around 70 mph which includes a slight hill climb on one of the Bay Area bridge. 95% freeway. Had autopilot on most of the time. Fan on but not A/C. I usually set speed limit +5.

170665411.UwkaI2NY.jpg

comon mate you know that this is not possible. you cannot get a range of almost 600km driving at 110-120kmh which is what you imply. You were either tailgaiting or had plenty of tailwind or did not travel at the speed you implied.

Or his elevation change was significantly downhill (its hard to notice on long distances) which is why I suggested the address calculation above. Almost always when you adjust for elevation the numbers change into something much more reasonable.

You Americans must have roads like a running track, here in Yorkshire (UK) my 50 mile commute over the Pennines at 70mph , 15degs struggles to keep under 300wh/mi, 296 is the very best on a quiet day, autopilot all the way and no slowing / speeding up for traffic... (M3P)

it is not possible to drive at 75 mph (and probably use AC if you are in Texas) and have 215wh/mi. You are either tailgaiting other cars i.e. trucks or dont drive as fast as you think you do (i.e. you spend significant time driving slower due to towns, intersections etc).

Multiple independent tests have shown that with AC off you get around 350km out of a SR+ or 450km out of a LR model with aero wheels at 120km/h.
Beating this figure by over 100km is not possible, even if you i.e. have an odd costal commute where you always have tailwind (so not applicable to texas anyway).

To reach 215wh/mile you probs need to drive around 90-95km/h. Probably a bit on the faster end with the SR and slower end with the LR.

FWIW I made a 136-mile trip last weekend and averaged 214 Wh/mi in a LR RWD. Teslascope reported 104.5% efficiency with an average speed of 38.5 mph.