Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture of the headlights of a European 2021 Model 3 LR, delivered today. I don't know if anyone notices a difference

There’s some pics of the first UK deliveries in the UK and Ireland > 2020 Q4 M Delivery Club thread. They all definitely have the new lights, don’t know why that Dutch one doesn’t... 033FE762-6673-481A-994A-C8EB5E5FEEBF.jpeg033FE762-6673-481A-994A-C8EB5E5FEEBF.jpeg

When the steering wheel in the Model 3 was real leather ("in the beginning"), I suspect it had to do with price / saving $$.
It was done to please the PETA people who wanted a Tesla, but would not purchase a Tesla containing leather...

A great many of your PETA members are environmentalist and gravitate more toward BEVs.

I had read a number of complants, but personally I would rather had the leather Steering Wheel and Seats...

It was done to please the PETA people who wanted a Tesla, but would not purchase a Tesla containing leather...

A great many of your PETA members are environmentalist and gravitate more toward BEVs.

I had read a number of complants, but personally I would rather had the leather Steering Wheel and Seats...
It was done to cut costs. The same reason they don’t use leather seats.

They can pretend to be eco-warriors all they want but if it helps the bottom line and they can market it, all the better.

The new headlights, have no idea what he's saying though :confused:

Edit: These two pictures are taken in between switching on and off highbeams, and by the looks of it it isn't large LEDs, but divided into multiple ones like pixels. And you can see them kinda pixelating when he switches high/low beam, a lot like matrix headlights here in Europe where you can drive with high beams and section out the car in front or oncoming car.

View attachment 609333 View attachment 609332

Interesting.. Starting to look like a 50.000€ car headlights in europe @ 2021...
I understand its for patents and U.S laws mostly, I think.. But still nice to see them somehow adapting to the European (and other) markets.
Hard to say what's in there from this video. I doubt it's matrix but it seems to be imitating it at least. Probably the projector lens is shaped that way.

Im driving a 2015 vw passat with the all led dynamic high beams.

auto1_cr.jpg

Still got my order in for the sr+ 2021 though...

There’s some pics of the first UK deliveries in the UK and Ireland > 2020 Q4 M Delivery Club thread. They all definitely have the new lights, don’t know why that Dutch one doesn’t...View attachment 609625View attachment 609625

Am afraid new headlights have initially been addressed only to RHD cars...

I wonder if it's related to the ease of software switching projected beams between RHD / LHD markets... don't know if old ones are already configurable this way!

So, I very happily took delivery of what I was told was only the second Q4 2021 M3 in England today. Take that as a pinch of salt, as I do.

Pretty much all the discussed and rumoured updates are there. New centre console (goodbye piano black), satin black window surrounds and door handles, powered trunk, double paned front windows. Free (or very expensive, depending on your viewpoint) USB stick in the glovebox for sentry mode. I forgot to ask about the heatpump.

The one thing I thought was a little badly thought out was that as they were renting a big empty car park to handle the logistics of delivery, they didn't have any charging infrastructure - at all. So they were just hoping that cars came off the transporter with at least a bit of charge in them!

The funniest thing was the guy handed me the keycards to a model with a different reg plate to the one I'd been informed I was getting. So I nearly could have driven away with two of them..!

But other than that, it was just a pretty straightforward, non-standard and out of the ordinary car collection!

Reactions: Npap
A little follow up on the 2021 Refresh TPMS sensors.

I went to my local SC in Silicon Valley (just across the bay from Fremont HQ). They had a new refresh in the showroom. It looks beautiful with all of the chrome delete (I have actually have seen truck loads of them heading up 101 towards San Francisco the last few days - presumably to ships for those first overseas shipments).

I went to parts to inquire about BLE TPMS and ordering them. I am going to be setting up both summer specific and winter specific 18" forged lightweight wheel sets instead of the 20's.

The parts department confirmed that BLE is the correct sensor for the new 3, which others on the forums have confirmed as well. However, when I asked to order some for my new wheels that I also have on order, they refused (politely).

The service advisor even went to his manager to ask but the answer I received was until you get your VIN for your new car (I have a Model 3 Performance with an ETA for second half of December, we will see, although in Silicon Valley, it could happen at the eleventh hour in December), we won't order these or sell these to you. Wow. That is astounding.

I am so surprised they have a customer that, even in advance of getting my car, is willing to pay and the answer is still no?

Who cares if I have my VIN yet? If I want to set up 50 sets of wheels with Tesla BLE TPMS while I am waiting, why should it matter to them at all when or if I have a VIN to go with it?

Never experienced anything like that in the automotive space before.

Am I crazy? Does this match anyone else's experience with ordering Tesla parts?

Reactions: SummerlinChiro