Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mfg. site here TURANZA QUIETTRACK
It seems they are now available in 235/45 R18, but there are not a lot of reviews:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ietTrack&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=345VR8TQT
The claim is good traction in the wet, but the video on that Tire Rack page counters that. One commenter mentions chirp off the line. Note the lower-than OEM load index is 94V, seen here on Amazon.

The Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack also shows on the massive colorful table that started on reddit and moved to skytopia, it's showing atop the All Season section, but the scores missing for most columns:
Best Tesla Model 3 compatible tires compared using Tire Rack and Tyre Reviews

I'm at 26,000 and I'm now between 4/32 and 5/32 on my 4 tires, so it's shopping time for me. My goals are a bit better snow performance than OEM 18" Michelin Primacy, and a bit longer life than my 26,000, even if that means giving up a little traction. A little quieter would be a bonus.

Another contender is the Michelin CrossClimate+ but seem to be some concerns about tread noise from owners. Some saying quieter than OEM, many saying louder, and one helpful review kind of saying both.

Also curious what folks think about going a smidge wider (245/45 R18 100Y XL) to (maybe?) avoid curb rash at very low speed, as the author of that article did, which also seems to get the load rating back up to 96V as seen on Amazon.
+ @Mad Hungarian
Well, my local tire dealer won't recommend any load rating lower than the OEM rating, and Bridgestone doesn't seem to support the use of this tire for this car anyway, odd that it's on skytopia's list in the first place.
See TURANZA QUIETTRACK
2020-01-15_14-35-38.jpg

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 245/45R18.
I installed these last week on my M3 LR RWD. So far I can say: same handling response, softer more comfortable, less road noise (very important), same fuel efficiency, and longer thread life.
They also look better, more square, with additional rim protection.
I like them. I researched a lot for what tires to choose for better comfort. I choose them because of good reviews. I didn't expect to maintain the handling or efficiency compared with Michelin Primacy, but the surprize was a nice bonus.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
Marianz77, do you guys worry about the increase tire diameter of 1.5% when moved to the 245, and how it effects your speed reading, ur going faster than what it displays, and getting that 1.5% more miles on your car than what you really drove.

I saw someone post here, though I doubt I could find it again, that the car calibrates with the GPS. This makes sense as the car has the smarts to do such a thing. So if you are running some crazy staggard wheels it won't give crazy readings.

But this might explain why my wh/mi changed so much (247->303) when I put on the new bigger tires. Or should it have gone the other direction?

I was looking at doing a rotation since i'm at 7500 mi. and often take it on dirt roads for hiking in the mountains, live in downtown seattle so the roads are like the surface of the moon and I take off at every traffic light. I figured i'd have some good wear on them by now but just picked my car up from the SC and their courtesy inspection found all 4 tires to be at 8/32.

I have the 19" but I thought they would wear out even quicker than the 18". Are other people in the Seattle area getting this type of longevity out of their tires?

I need to pay more attention to the warning on the table:
Caution: 18" not Extra Load & below OEM tire load index
Going down the list...

Hmm ... Those QuietTrack 19s sure look nice. I just picked up a set of 19" rims and now need rubber for them. Figure I'll wait until my current 18s wear out (I'm at almost 12k miles now; figure I'll wear these out around 20-22k, get some QuietTracks, then go pick up some winter tires for the 18" rims.

Saleenr6, someone else mentioned in another discussion that the odometer is counting one extra mile every 100 miles. So a 1.5% diameter increase for the Pirelli tire should auto-correct the odometer if the calibration that Randy mentioned is not happening.
Other than this, I was more concerned that the larger tire would rub against the control arm of front suspension. This is fine. I have 6 mm clearance that should increase as the tire wears down.

My fronts were down to 3/32, almost worn down to the tread wear bars. The rears were 5/32 or so. I still have those, if anyone has a use for a few more miles on these two tires. Now that I have my 19" rims I will be leaving the snow tires on the 18"-ers

I would say the trick to getting to 42K was Chill Mode and letting the car do most of the driving. The first month or so I was intoxicated by the acceleration and handling, but soon I was more mesmerized by the AutoPilot.