Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-1000

Jan 13, 2019
Newark, CA
My mats just got delivered. All 3 mats fit well and hug the side walls as expected. All the mats have those "gripper pins" (not sure what they called) to ensure the mats stay in place. Additionally, the drivers mat has 3 velco type circles (2 top and 1 bottom corner) and the front passenger has 1 velco (bottom corner)to keep them in place.

The rear mat is a little odd. The passenger's side fit the passenger's seats rails rather snuggly. Whereas the driver's side, the opening for the rail is rather wide. And if you look at the website pictures, you'll notice the gap is considerably wider on the drivers side compared to the passengers side. It's a bit of a head scratcher. Anyway, I don't necessarily think if the gap was narrower, it'll do anything to keep my youngest from spilling drinks or tracking dirt that area...he always finds a way to put something somewhere I never thought possible! :)

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and the OEM look of it.
View attachment 442640 View attachment 442641 View attachment 442642 View attachment 442643 View attachment 442644 View attachment 442646 View attachment 442647
I am mad that these weren't available when I bought my all weather mats. I had the first version that doesn't full cover the back area. It's also two pieces too. I wonder if they would sell just the back.

RayF

Jul 10, 2019
Saratoga, CA
I just got a Model 3 built in July. The inside rail on the driver's seat has some hardware on both sides that isn't on the passenger seat. I notice that the factory installed the rear carpet a little to the left; probably for clearance.
upload_2019-8-19_14-42-53.png
IMG_4155[1].JPG
upload_2019-8-19_14-42-53.png

Baxter

Jun 25, 2019
Morgan Hill, Ca.
Those gaps are very weird! As far as the mats themselves, I passed on the earlier Tesla ones because they did not have raised sides. We actually get snow in northern Arizona so that was a deal killer for me. Instead, I got the MAXspiders (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9GMYG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), which also cover the entire dead pedal. They fit with no gaps. The gap on the Tesla would bug me no end.

I got the Maxpider mats as well. Front, Rear and the Trunk mat. All fit excellent and glad I got them since so far they look the best out of all the other mats I've seen for the Mod 3's

btownalset

Jun 28, 2019
South Central Indiana

Attachments

• 012B6B28-0022-4706-B92B-920C45256DDD.jpeg
    012B6B28-0022-4706-B92B-920C45256DDD.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DA4E5862-B082-4C6E-A12C-C905A24059AB.jpeg
    DA4E5862-B082-4C6E-A12C-C905A24059AB.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Informative
Reactions: Scott7

dotti105

May 15, 2018
The Villages, Florida
Well, that is disappointing! I really would expect it to fit well on both sides of the rear. I also am bugged by the dead pedal 1/2 coverage. I have actually bought upgraded metal pedals (like in the performance model) and a dead pedal to match, so these would not work for me without me taking an "exacto-knife" blade to it to remove the 1/2 coverage.

I will keep looking.....

Kitfox

Aug 17, 2019
Vancouver, WA
Ordered these last week (I'm on a shopping spree for all the things. <.< ). One thing occurs to me now that I'm looking at the overall configuration more closely. My prior cars have had solid physical hooks to hold the driver's mat in place so there is absolutely no way for it to creep forward and interfere with the pedals, while the passenger side mats didn't, just a normal hook and loop/Velcro bottom over the entire bottom. Normal passenger foot movement made me have to pull the passenger mat back frequently.

Do folks who have this already find that the mats hold position well, or do they suffer from creep with feet pushing them forward? (I know, not out long, so I may have to just do an accelerated activity test or somesuch to see.)

dingmah

May 4, 2019
Canada
Do folks who have this already find that the mats hold position well, or do they suffer from creep with feet pushing them forward? (I know, not out long, so I may have to just do an accelerated activity test or somesuch to see.)
No creep at all on the driver and front passenger mat. These mats have strong velcro on the back side of it that grips hard to the carpet. The second row mats are come up the carpet far enough that it effectively wedges itself to the floor.

nifDbKe.jpg

NEWKzrr.jpg

WsT6LhZ.jpg

Kitfox

Aug 17, 2019
Vancouver, WA
Oh good! I'm looking forward to them arriving. I think I got a notification that they shipped, so I should track them. o_O See if the carrier sends them to the wrong side of the country like they've done with some of my Amazon Tesla-Stuff Shopping Spree. XD *Continues waiting for parts shipped from California to return from West Virginia.*

Aug 19, 2019
Maui
Hm... I was super set on buying the new OEM all weather mats before my Model 3 arrives, but now I'm back to eyeing the Maxpider.

I get 0 inches of snow on my island, but we do get nasty rains so that dead pedal area on the OEMs are bothering me. I thought the $40 discount on the OEMs compared to the Maxpider was only due to them trying to undercut Maxpider but there seems to be way more material on the Maxpider. Maybe I'll get Maxpider for the interior and OEM all weather for the trunk.

Reactions: CitiesSprinter

Rachmaninov

Supporting Member
Jul 17, 2019
NJ
There is a new Tesla accident report today. Initial reports indicate that the accident happened while auto parking due to a floor mat getting stuck on the accelerator pedal.

Simple cosmetic changes can sometimes cause dramatic unexpected results. Let’s all be careful with the changes we make.

jordanair45

2019 Model 3 SR+ w/ FSD
Mar 28, 2012
N.Cal
Just installed mine today. Look fine to me. With my seat in regular driving position you can't even see the rail gap in the rear, but its there. I live in CA, no one ever sits in the back, I think I'll be ok. Plus, with most mats, the coverage is even less than these. So.

Seem lightweight and durable, exactly what I wanted

IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1302.jpg
IMG_1301.jpg

MagnusMako

Jan 29, 2019
Austin, TX
I went with the ToughPRO Floor Mats Set. They are very heavy duty (about 25 pounds total) and fit very precisely, especially in the rear. They are cleated on the bottom and held up well with no creep during this past weekends road trip and river activities with friends.

Here's some photo's of them after getting some use if anyone is curious. I personally like the honeycomb design because it traps debris/water well.

IMG_20190820_190114.jpg

IMG_20190820_190121.jpg

IMG_20190820_190140.jpg

IMG_20190820_190211.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cdrikari

jordanair45

2019 Model 3 SR+ w/ FSD
Mar 28, 2012
N.Cal
Thanks to all who posted reviews and photos of the Tesla mats. Installed them last night and they are what I was looking for.

They really do flow nicely with the design of the car. Most rubber mats are pretty *ugly.

No disrespect to anyone with the maxspider (or whatever) mats, because I could understand how you might want a better design vs aesthetics...

But I would still argue that maybe just because the way Tesla mats look, doesn't mean they don't perform well *shrug.

Reactions: Rex Kramer

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC