Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mattress Recommendations for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend a mattress that is reasonably priced (up to £200)?

Hoping to test out camp mode soon :)
I've looked into this before and found that you're either paying £400 and more for a mattress from Dreamcase or Tesmat or sub £40 for an air bed.

I noticed Taptes recently released an air mattress that is custom cut to the cars interior.

Air Mattress for Tesla Model 3

I wouldn't order from them if you're in a rush though.

I decided for the few nights a year I might actually sleep in the car, a sub £30 air mattress would be sufficient:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q2G5XMK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reactions: ringi
D07B0D99-725C-4B5D-B4D1-DCDF52F32CFE.jpeg
I used this one at the weekend (alone so doubled up) but it is a double mattress £79.99 - kingcamp- it self inflates plus about 10 good breaths and it was really good

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078FSJQH5

I
used this double sleeping bag too to mimic a real bed as much as I could; just looked it up and it’s now on sale! Typical - but good news if you want one! It was £49 when I bought it now £45 - it also zips to form two smaller sleeping bags which I thought was flexible & useful. Pure Coincidence they ended up being same brand.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078G66S3X

Here is my set up (without me!) showing the space in there which I hadn’t anticipated but it was really good. Camp mode worked a dream too.

these two are now tucked in my frunk and my (real) pillows are in the boot. Kingcamp has some decent inflatable ones that come with, but I already had my real pillows

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I want to start by saying that camping mode is the best thing ever invented. It came in handy so many times during quarantine when we had nothing else to do and wanted to maintain a social distance, but still, have fun with each other. I'm referring to me and my friends. It could work with whatever you would make a tent work with I think, but my personal recommendation is to save up a bit and buy an actual set that was meant for Tesla. It's a whole different experience. At the beginning of the pandemic, I reached the topic with my friends and we ended up choosing between Dreamcase and TESMAT. Looking at a few different articles, this one stood out the most Dreamcase vs TESMAT | Tesla Model 3 & Y | graydonschwartz.com and it made up choose a favorite. Best investition I've made during the whole lockdown, to be honest.

I’ve seen a few youtube people that were happy with a tri-fold memory foam mattress. There are a lot of width/thickness/cost options available.

I’d imagine that this would be more comfortable than an air mattress in a model 3 as the back seats to boot aren’t quite level. The disadvantage is that it doesn’t pack as small as an air mattress

My recommendation for those looking into this, get yourself a custom sized foam mattress. Measure up (i'm happy to help here if you want to double check measurements or aren't sure) and you will get a perfectly fitting, better quality bit of kit at a quarter of the price. Spent 12 nights out in Scotland in the car and it was great. I got mine from Foam Cut to Size - GB Foam Direct - Best UK Foam Suppliers, I think I paid about £100 in the end, but if i had my time again I reckon i could do it for £60-80. Mine folds up in the boot nicely, although doesn't allow much room for anything else, again if i did it again id go for slightly less thick and maybe firmer foam to compensate and this would create more space whilst being stored.