Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max 19" rim width for dual motor M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised I couldn't find this on any previous threads. I'm just wondering what is the widest width rims/tires that will fit on the dual motor model 3 (not sure if trim level makes a diff - pretty sure it's the same body on all trims). I'm looking to buy 19" rims - I just don't like the look of the aeros...the way they're designed they look like 16s or 17s.

I'm also getting my coilovers installed in a week, and I'll probably opt for the full 1.5" drop to completely eliminate the fender gap, but then wider rims might not fit. I could always raise it up a bit once I get the new rims, but I was just wondering so that I could prep for the best fitment beforehand.

TIA!

I think I wor
That has more to do with offset. You can stuff 10.5" wide rims in there with the proper offset.

I may be misunderstanding what offset is, but I'm just trying to achieve a completely flush look with the fender.

I just bought Bonoss spacers, but I was thinking I could achieve the same thing with a wider rim...but without longer wheel studs it doesn't seem like I'd be able to go much wider than 8.5...but per the oem wheel specs, do they have a 40mm offset?? In that case I'd be able to get 10" wide with no offset? I think I'm completely confusing this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

18" Tesla Model 3 Aero Wheels Wheel Specifications: 18x8.5" +40

Update: While I'm looking for rims I just spotted a model 3 with a 20x9 / 20x10.5 staggered setup, so I guess I'm right? It looks great, I just need to find that in 19" size.

Last edited:
MPP has a 20x11 running and looks to be around 25-30 offset. They haven't posted the offset spec yet on the wheels, but I believe you can run 19x11 all around. I think some members are running 19x11 front and 19x12 rears but no mention on what suspension mods or offset they are running.

Reactions: Siciliano
MPP has a 20x11 running and looks to be around 25-30 offset. They haven't posted the offset spec yet on the wheels, but I believe you can run 19x11 all around. I think some members are running 19x11 front and 19x12 rears but no mention on what suspension mods or offset they are running.
I don't think he actually wants wider rims, he just wants them more flush.

Reactions: emotiveeng
I would prefer both, so that the rim is wider and flush with the fender without having to install spacers...
There is no harm in running spacers (either slip-on or bolt-on) as long as the various fitment caveats like stud engagement and inner stud clearance are accounted for!

More generally, you can probably get everything you need—and little that you don’t—using spacers rather than super-wide wheels and tires. Wider wheels and tires are heavier and typically much more expensive, and don’t offer much in the way of performance unless you are road racing and need the heat capacity. You can absolutely yank >1 g on 9” wide wheels :) .

Also,

Reactions: Siciliano