Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't get 5 minutes into my drive and it ate dirt
IMG_20190430_113230.jpg

I bought a 2016 refresh P90DL last week and made the mistake of updating it last night. 10% less total output 510kw with L+ compared to 550-560kw with max battery. No launch mode. Also, there is no way to see your battery temperature or if it's ready. Also, EE starfeild does nothing. Who knew your car could lose 100hp in a week! 2.6sec 0-60 is impossible.. I'm very disappointed

This is devastating, it’s been broken for a while now. Im wondering if I need to bounce off the Tesla train at this point. I’m not even 5 years in and my $120,000+ model S just got downgraded to a model 3 in performance.

I don’t even want to look at this car, my 1/4 times since 2019 update went from 11.12 to 11.75.

How is this ok? I’ve called Tesla at least 15 times and they never understand what I’m talking about when I call.

Anything we can do as a community or just wait and deal with a 6 figure paid beta test? My love affair with Tesla is over, I fear this will not be fixed ever and that teslas just gonna say F you to anyone who is on HW1.0. This had to be the biggest bait and switch in automotive history and if true makes me feel this company is shady trash.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I’m now experiencing this issue as well. I updated from 2018.50.6 to 2019.12.1.1 last night. 2016 P90DL with AP1. Very disappointing. I have a service tech looking into it and I’m hoping a fix is released and pushed to our cars quickly.

2018.36.2..... Ive been avoiding 9.0 as I prefer to have the ability and control to select which 2 apps are displayed. As well as having the icons all easily accessible at eye level along the top of the display while driving.

Primarily I run Tesla Waze in a web browser up top and music or energy or phone along the bottom I almost never use the in car navigation... Thus 9.0 would be a reduction in functionality for me forcing the maps to always be running etc...

I’m supposed to be getting my p90dL tomorrow. I’ve told 3 people at the SC not to update the software on the car.

Sounds like what I did with my P85D I picked up last week, except it was to not install a front license plate bracket. Car was delivered to a front-tag state SC but I live in a no-front-tag state and I didn’t want holes in the untouched nose cone.

Of course I now know from this thread to avoid firmware updates! Currently on 2018.50.6 and will stay until the max battery/Ludicrous+ bugs are solved.