Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still have edit button. No confirmation page.

All delivery checklist items are checked off except for finance, which is set to Tesla financing.

I keep wondering whether we May order-ers somehow were overlooked again, just like how we never received delivery estimates...

Reactions: preilly44
Do you have the updated confirmation page? Did it ask you to confirm your details (drivers license, etc)?

All delivery checklist items are checked off except for finance, which is set to Tesla financing.

I keep wondering whether we May order-ers somehow were overlooked again, just like how we never received delivery estimates...
^^ This...

based on other posts, I think they are fulfilling mostly East Coast orders due to longer shipping time. So far the configurations have been AWD and Performance w/ Aeros (without the Performance Package).

So far its been multi-coat white/red, solid black, and silver metallic. I think May orders with deep blue metallic, will be in the next 2-3 days. hang in there.

Reactions: Bokonon

I think they are filling Cash buyers first. I checked trade-in and tesla financing...no change to my page. (NONE, 3/31/16 web, 6/26/18 AWD order).

I think they are filling Cash buyers first. I checked trade-in and tesla financing...no change to my page. (NONE, 3/31/16 web, 6/26/18 AWD order).

Cash has nothing to do with it. There was rumor of this, but all selecting cash did was making your check marks green. There was a bug in the webpage that was fixed a few days ago.

Even if you use Tesla financing, Tesla gets paid the full amount immediately. Tesla financing is really just Chase or some other bank.

Reactions: Nathan
based on other posts, I think they are fulfilling mostly East Coast orders due to longer shipping time. So far the configurations have been AWD and Performance w/ Aeros (without the Performance Package).

So far its been multi-coat white/red, solid black, and silver metallic. I think May orders with deep blue metallic, will be in the next 2-3 days. hang in there.

Thanks. This was my line of reasoning yesterday, based on those same data points you cited. The whole confirmation process has thrown me for a loop in its lack of uniformity, because it seems like the kind of thing that should apply to everyone... So if you're left out from it, it makes you wonder why that is.

I *suppose* it could be because they're *already* assigning ISAs to process the May order queue (we've seen a few VIN assignments and prompts to apply for credit), so they didn't bother to put us through this step. But that seems like a stretch.

Time will tell, I guess...

• Funny
Reactions: MXWing
Cash has nothing to do with it. There was rumor of this, but all selecting cash did was making your check marks green. There was a bug in the webpage that was fixed a few days ago.

Even if you use Tesla financing, Tesla gets paid the full amount immediately. Tesla financing is really just Chase or some other bank.
I didn't have a bug in my webpage.

Nothing has changed.

Then maybe trade-in is slowing us down? The final pricing/tax would need to include a rededuction for trade-in value.

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Five minutes is apparently too much time to sign and drive.

30 seconds should be the new time to address that bottleneck.
Just make a tutorial video on how to sync our phones to the car/key and I'm good. I've never needed a dealer to show me anything when I buy a new car. I usually know more about the car then they do. 30 seconds to sign and drive away is fine with me.

Thanks. This was my line of reasoning yesterday, based on those same data points you cited. The whole confirmation process has thrown me for a loop in its lack of uniformity, because it seems like the kind of thing that should apply to everyone... So if you're left out from it, it makes you wonder why that is.

I *suppose* it could be because they're *already* assigning ISAs to process the May order queue (we've seen a few VIN assignments and prompts to apply for credit), so they didn't bother to put us through this step. But that seems like a stretch.

Time will tell, I guess...

I'm not sure about this, I'm in NY, i stood on line first day and put mt $1,000 down, configured AWD non performance on 5/24. I have nothing new except a new estimate of September - November.