Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got email today saying my P3D red/white 20" EAP has a VIN. It's not on my Tesla account page yet. I was invited 5/31, but didn't order until 6/5. Raleigh NC delivery. No date yet. I'm super excited.
Exact same config on mine - same series of events, but got a call as well. Ordered on 5/24 - waited in line on the east coast to reserve on the first day, also a Tesla owner.

I just talked to my delivery advisor. She sent me an e-mail with my vin and called me about an hour later. Delivery scheduled for 8/14. No vin on my account page yet, but it should be there soon apparently. She said my car is already in transit. Excited!

Not sure if the below information helps, but here it goes. I forgot the exact day the "flood gates" opened. P.S. Does anyone know why my VIN is so low?

Got a call from Tesla on Saturday around 2PM PST saying my Model 3 Performance will be ready for delivery on Friday (Costa Mesta, CA Delivery Center).

Reservation date: 3/31/2016, Pre-Reveal in store 10AM in Brea, CA, non-owner.
Order date: I think on or around June 29th 2018? It was the same day they made the changes to the pricing to the Performance version.
Pickup/delivery date: Friday July 27th Costa Mesa Delivery Center.

Specs:

VIN: 558XX
Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Paint
Performance Upgrade
20’’ Performance Wheels
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Performance Pedals
Premium Interior
Premium White

Not sure if the below information helps, but here it goes. I forgot the exact day the "flood gates" opened. P.S. Does anyone know why my VIN is so low?

Got a call from Tesla on Saturday around 2PM PST saying my Model 3 Performance will be ready for delivery on Friday (Costa Mesta, CA Delivery Center).

Reservation date: 3/31/2016, Pre-Reveal in store 10AM in Brea, CA, non-owner.
Order date: I think on or around June 29th 2018? It was the same day they made the changes to the pricing to the Performance version.
Pickup/delivery date: Friday July 27th Costa Mesa Delivery Center.

Specs:

VIN: 558XX
Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Paint
Performance Upgrade
20’’ Performance Wheels
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Performance Pedals
Premium Interior
Premium White
I have an identical configuration as you and my VIN is 557xx. I don't think it means anything other than the batch they made the cars in.

From what I've seen all the red P3D's in the test drive fleet were around ~553xx range.

Just wanted to check in with my fellow 5/23 non-P AWD configs. Still haven't heard anything and I'm really starting to get antsy seeing other AWD builds move forward.
I posted this in the other AWD delivery thread, but I'll post here as well:

Background: Current owner; NY/NJ area
Initial reservation: 3/31/16 AM (line waiter)
Initial order opportunity: 1/4/18 - deferred for AWD
Second order opportunity: 5/23/18
Order: 5/23/18 - AWD (non-P); black; aero; EAP
Delivery communication: 7/20/18 - received an email followed by a phone call and scheduled delivery for 8/4/18

Still no VIN (he said that comes within 7 days of delivery) and if you’re paying via ACH they need all funds cleared prior to delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: tommyboy21
Just wanted to check in with my fellow 5/23 non-P AWD configs. Still haven't heard anything and I'm really starting to get antsy seeing other AWD builds move forward.
I reserved on May 20th. AWD (non-P). Called Tesla yesterday, he was very polite and friendly, said I can expect to get it by September, but it was just his guesstimate based on how things are going and nothing is certain. My order could have been delayed because of the edit I made on June 28th to Obsidian Black. Since its a new color for this model, I wonder if they`ll have to make changes to their paint shop (versus just changing the paint cans :p ).

FYI ...Edit Design button/link still shows up on my tesla account page and ETA is Sept-Nov 2018.

I posted this in the other AWD delivery thread, but I'll post here as well:

Background: Current owner; NY/NJ area
Initial reservation: 3/31/16 AM (line waiter)
Initial order opportunity: 1/4/18 - deferred for AWD
Second order opportunity: 5/23/18
Order: 5/23/18 - AWD (non-P); black; aero; EAP
Delivery communication: 7/20/18 - received an email followed by a phone call and scheduled delivery for 8/4/18

Still no VIN (he said that comes within 7 days of delivery) and if you’re paying via ACH they need all funds cleared prior to delivery.

Do you have a Trade In? Or no Trade in?

I'm in the same boat... reserved 3/31, ordered 5/23, third-party financing, no trade-in, and I still have the old web page. (The confusion introduced with the new confirmation screen and what it means if you don't see it certainly isn't helping matters...). For now, I'm just tracking the color/wheel combos that are getting AWD VIN assignments as they slowly trickle out, and we'll see what happens when my config starts getting built. It still seems like Performance is getting the vast majority of AWD VINs right now, though, so I'm trying to keep my expectations low for the near-term.

FWIW, I called Tesla on Friday to make sure my order wasn't "stuck" somewhere in the process, and the rep I spoke to assured me that everything looked fine, and that a "back-office person" was monitoring my order to ensure that an ISA reached out to me as soon as a VIN was assigned. He speculated that I was likely to take delivery "within a month and a half", which aligns with the tail end of the "12-16 weeks" that I was quoted on May 23rd.

But yeah, the waiting sucks... especially when it can seem from the outside like there's no rhyme or reason to the process. I guess we just have to hang in there...

Reactions: tommyboy21
Another Non-P 5/23 Orderer here and my Tesla account got updated to show Sept to November delivery. :( While it's frustrating seeing all the other movement, I'm trusting they'll deliver it in the first 2 weeks of September which will indeed put them at the tail end of the 12-16 week estimate. Fingers crossed that happens. :)

Reactions: Bokonon
Another Non-P 5/23 Orderer here and my Tesla account got updated to show Sept to November delivery. :( While it's frustrating seeing all the other movement, I'm trusting they'll deliver it in the first 2 weeks of September which will indeed put them at the tail end of the 12-16 week estimate. Fingers crossed that happens. :)

For me, I'd be more accepting of it if I didn't see all the people "jumping" the line. People that just first reserved a few months ago and are getting their car already...that's where I have the problem. And when Tesla talks "We need to sell the more expensive cars first" My AWD is more $$ than RWD....so take my money and give me my car!!!

upload_2018-7-23_14-30-11.jpeg

For me, I'd be more accepting of it if I didn't see all the people "jumping" the line. People that just first reserved a few months ago and are getting their car already...that's where I have the problem. And when Tesla talks "We need to sell the more expensive cars first" My AWD is more $$ than RWD....so take my money and give me my car!!!

View attachment 319487

The RWD was already made. Tesla piled up as many as they could before the end of Q2. Very people have gotten the high margin AWDs (the P's) at this time.