Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe I’m overreacting?! 😱 [first curb rash]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having cameras all around the car is a strong motivator when it comes to fessing up.

If the cameras record the event and you can play it back.
Well it didn't record for some strange reason (see my thread), but I wasn't volunteering that info. Not to belabor the point, but the true motivation is in the possibility that the footage exists and you'd be caught in a lie on your job. If you're a valet, which car brand is the last you'd want to lie about damaging?

Reactions: Joesmoe3 and Resist
Here we go again, this time it was me! I stupidly tried to get around a car that was parked in the middle of the road and put a wheel up on the edge of sidewalk (no pedestrians around) to go around him. Do you know that slight crunch sound you hear you just know it was more than the tire?! 😳

I missjudged where the back wheel would connect and instead of the cut out area of the curb for the sidewalk I smacked the taller piece of concrete and put a little little mark on the rim and cut the tire a bit.

The tire should be okay, thinking of touching up this little bit of damage myself. I’m wondering how I can smooth out of the aluminum without making a mess or making a bigger problem. Was thinking to tape the area around it and take a small sanding block to it. Perhaps a Dremel, but was worried about it not coming out flat.

Attachments

• IMG_3499.jpeg
    IMG_3499.jpeg
    749.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3500.jpeg
    IMG_3500.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 1