Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, not normal. My MCU2 upgrade screens normally came on as soon as the car unlocked.

You ordered the upgrade Feb. 11 and Tesla kept pushing off your appointments till today's installation?

I've been waiting since the beginning of May for mine, BTW.

Where are you located? Ordered mine in mid May. They're saying early-mid July right now but there is no exact eta so they will probably push it back again... This is in Camarillo California

Errors can be displayed by touching the red exclamation mark at the top of the console screen if it is active or very recent. If it is not there, try Control Screen, then select Service, then Notifications.

I would make a service center appointment to get that checked out. Mine doesn't do that.

Yep, not normal. My MCU2 upgrade screens normally came on as soon as the car unlocked.

Can confirm, NOT normal. Service center should fix it for you
I contacted SC and one of the reps told me to turn off the Energy Saving mode off. I looked in owner manual and it telling me to go to my touchscreen Control > Display>Energy Saving and choose one of the following: OFF, ON or Always Connected but on my touchscreen doesn’t have those options. 😢

I contacted SC and one of the reps told me to turn off the Energy Saving mode off. I looked in owner manual and it telling me to go to my touchscreen Control > Display>Energy Saving and choose one of the following: OFF, ON or Always Connected but on my touchscreen doesn’t have those options. 😢
This setting is in MCU1 cars. I haven't checked mine now after the MCU2 upgrade, but I suspect it's no longer available

Reactions: muitec
I contacted SC and one of the reps told me to turn off the Energy Saving mode off. I looked in owner manual and it telling me to go to my touchscreen Control > Display>Energy Saving and choose one of the following: OFF, ON or Always Connected but on my touchscreen doesn’t have those options

The option is not available in MCU2

The online owner's manual for Software version 2022.16 says the setting is available to be configured.

@SilverGS , what SW version are you running?

I'm not sure if the absence of this setting is by design or is another update hiccup.