Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Measuring Kw usage at home charging my M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the replies and info. Very valuable and informative. I have a Xiaomi phone and can't seem to download (or even find) Teslafi. I can get TeslaCam, Tezlab, Tesla app (thank God!!!), Dasboard for Tesla, Teslarati, Superchargers for Tesla, etc. but no Teslafi.

As for the solution, I think srs5694 hit it on the nail. I'll use a clamp on amp meter solution for now if Teslafi can't be downloaded.

Thanks for all the replies and info. Very valuable and informative. I have a Xiaomi phone and can't seem to download (or even find) Teslafi. I can get TeslaCam, Tezlab, Tesla app (thank God!!!), Dasboard for Tesla, Teslarati, Superchargers for Tesla, etc. but no Teslafi.

As for the solution, I think srs5694 hit it on the nail. I'll use a clamp on amp meter solution for now if Teslafi can't be downloaded.
Its not an app. Its a website.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H

It's a Web site, not an app; see it here:

TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

Of course, you can access the Web site via your phone if you like; however, its display is optimized for bigger devices, so it'll seem quite cramped on a phone's small display. I think you can customize the data displayed, which might help a bit if you want to use it from your phone.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Try putting the Tesla app's widget on your phone but don't open the app, just monitor it as it will show if the car is asleep right on the widget. As long as you don't open the app via the widget it won't interfere with your car going to sleep. Now watch when you come home from somewhere and make sure your car connects to wifi before getting out of the car. If the widget doesn't show the car falling asleep within 10 mins you do have the issue.

I don't run the widget for that very reason. Anything that has any chance of waking the car I avoid. No Sentry, No Cabin Overtemp, No Summon, No Apps, No Widgets. Most important to me is that it sleeps correctly and it does. And I don't have to mess with Wifi, ever.

I check it by visiting the car and measuring how much vampire drain I have over days.

The more "gadgets" you use to check it/monitor it, explains why you have a problem in the first place.

I take a of the screen shot of the car app when I park it. And the next time I get in, I check it. Usually the next day but some long weekends that could be 3 days. And I will check it occasionally with the Tesla App.

I ran Teslafi in the beginning and it was more important the car be stable than collecting the data.

You can choose or believe what you wish, but my car sleeps great with wifi on, every time. I'd be pissed if I had to constantly mess with that.