Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Megaphone not working after 2022.12.3.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My megaphone in the toybox is not working after updating to 2022.12.3 and still not working after the next day update to 2022.12.3.1

By not working I mean when in Park, selecting megaphone as an option and speaking out loud inside the far, no audio is heard outside the car or anywhere else.

This was working the day before on the previous update 2022.8.x

Has anybody else seen this?

Update. Just tried it again before driving and megaphone microphone didn't work anymore but music through megaphone worked. Came back from the drive and microphone megaphone worked again... Inconsistent results, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.

Update. Just tried it again before driving and megaphone microphone didn't work anymore but music through megaphone worked. Came back from the drive and microphone megaphone worked again... Inconsistent results, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.

Similar results for me.

Did a reset and it still didn't work.

Got in the car yesterday it worked. Then later the same day it didn't work again,

I can also confirm that music through megaphone does work

Always worked prior to latest update.

Has anybody had very low megaphone volume? Mine works, but it’s barely audible from inside the car with the volume turned up fully.

Tesla service says tesla turned the volume down on all the vehicles for safety reasons. Anybody ever hear of this?

Anyone solved the issue?

My megaphone from inside the car is very low, barely can be heard from outside.
Megaphone from the mobile app works as expected, loud and clear.
Music or other sounds from boombox works as expected.

Seems like the megaphone is loud only if you speak near the hazard button at the top.
Can anyone with Model Y confirm this?
(just want to know if it's normal or my car issue, I remember it was not like this before)