Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I will drive the MS. Memory seats is just part of the car now any new one right? Then is there any variation in the past that may be on CPO vehicles that wouldn't offer memory seats?

e.g. push a button and seats move for the particular driver

So 2012 and 2013 (unless they have tech package) don't have them?
Correct. I got a 2013 CPO with the tech package, and the advisor mentioned that was part of it. I really like it. One memory option for my wife, myself, and one called exit to move the seat back further and lift the steering wheel up and towards the dash for easier entry exit.

You really want the tech package. Save money by finding a car with higher mileage. The service centers really replace/fix everything to call it a CPO.

On the older cars, I believe that the memory seats were part of the Tech Package. If the car did not have that, it may not have memory seats. Someone else can chime in to confirm.

It was originally part of the leather seats (or perhaps leather seats + tech). I know because I bought textile seats + tech pkg and that combination (when I bought/had the car made/delivered) didn't have driver seat memory. I had the option of paying a ton more to get the next iteration, but to get leather seats, I didn't want leather seats and paying a ton more to shift it to when it started being part of tech-or-whatever didn't make sense.

So my point is, older cars with tech but textile seats won't have driver seat memory. Things Changed. ;-)