Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memphis Service Center?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not received it yet. Last Friday they said it had arrived so we scheduled a pickup for the next day but they called me back immediately and said they rejected the car and would not have felt right allowing me to take delivery of it. The Nashville SC has been great. If I get it anytime soon I'd be more than happy to link up.

Sorry to hear about the delay, keep me posted if you don't mind. I'm going to sleep on it one more night and pull the trigger.

Reactions: JMar
Vin posted this morning. My guess is delivery in two weeks, if I'm lucky, but probably closer to three weeks. Did you order?

I haven’t, I’m just dragging my feet at this point. I thought I would wait for the invitation to join the credit union I want to use for financing, but in my haste of skimming the comment, I missed that they snail-mail the invitation which takes about a week. Now that I have seen that this morning, I will probably order today. If something gets sideways I can just use Tesla's financing.

I also spent quite a bit of time yesterday re-checking the competitors (that exist today and that are coming to market "soon"), they may have better build quality but half of them are coming "soon" and none of them have the supercharging network. Yes, Electrify America is great and I'm SO happy they exist, I'm hopeful we will see a CCS adapter for Tesla at some point in the future.

I'm also still torn for colors, white, blue or gray. Our household is a UofM graduate household and we are big Grizzlies fans, we bleed blue and I'm leaning towards blue. The i3 BEV I just sold was white and both the i3 REx I had before that and the i3 BEV that my partner totaled were metallic gray. Our Leaf is black and the CRV we had before was gold, my e46 ZHP was red. This seems like a good time to try blue.

Last edited:
image1.jpeg
40 minutes later... its done, blue it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMar
Tenta

NICE!!!

I have a tentative delivery date of the 28th. If you're still interested in checking out the car let me know and we can arrange something.

I don't want to impose but that would be amazing if our schedules can sync up. If I change my mind at this point I'll only lose $100. If I change my mind after picking up, I'll be out two trips to Nashville. I don't think there will be any reason to cancel, but I would feel more confident about the purchase. I cant thank you enough for offering.

I don't want to impose but that would be amazing if our schedules can sync up. If I change my mind at this point I'll only lose $100. If I change my mind after picking up, I'll be out two trips to Nashville. I don't think there will be any reason to cancel, but I would feel more confident about the purchase. I cant thank you enough for offering.

No problem. Are you trading in your leaf?

Reactions: imola.zhp
No problem. Are you trading in your leaf?

No sir, the Leaf belongs to my partner. Carvana beat Tesla's offer on my 2014 BMW i3 BEV by $2500 if I recall correctly. I did miss out on the tax benefit, $900, but I'm still up by $1600 plus the recent price reduction.

He works from home so we're sharing the Leaf for now and I have borrowed a 1971 MG for those rare times we need two vehicles.

No sir, the Leaf belongs to my partner. Carvana beat Tesla's offer on my 2014 BMW i3 BEV by $2500 if I recall correctly. I did miss out on the tax benefit, $900, but I'm still up by $1600 plus the recent price reduction.

He works from home so we're sharing the Leaf for now and I have borrowed a 1971 MG for those rare times we need two vehicles.

I was asking because I was going to recommend Carvana, lol. They offered me $2,500 more as well. Glad that worked out for you.

Had my S in for service this week, got to talking with the rep and found out they're planning to relocate to Covington Pike at the start of 2021. As part of the move he said they'd be a proper Tesla "dealership" able to accept deliveries and handle more vehicles for service. ETA was 4-5 months before everything is stood up but definitely some positive news.

Had my S in for service this week, got to talking with the rep and found out they're planning to relocate to Covington Pike at the start of 2021. As part of the move he said they'd be a proper Tesla "dealership" able to accept deliveries and handle more vehicles for service. ETA was 4-5 months before everything is stood up but definitely some positive news.

Thank you for sharing this!

We rejected a poorly built (and painted) Y on 01 August. After a few weeks of still seeing poor build quality deliveries I asked to hold VIN matching until 01/01/2021. Having to drive the vehicle back from Nashville has been both a blessing and curse in my head, always fun to experience a new vehicle on a road trip but you're suppose to take photos of anything you see after delivery before 3 days / 100 miles on the odometer. That's just not possible if you take delivery in a different city. So I was trying to come up with an alternative plan, but trailering the car home from Nashville just seems like a waste.

I may just wait until I can take delivery in Memphis, even if that pushes us further into 2021.

Volvo dealership location?