TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mercury Insurance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by lovingit, Jan 16, 2016.

1. lovingit

lovingit Member

#1 lovingit, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Hello, does anyone have Mercury insurance, can comment on if P85D is actually double the 85D?
    I've heard rumors but anyone with Merc can confirm?

Also, Merc is starting to do annual checks were you have to take a picture of your mileage and send it in. Do other insurance companies do this?

2. lovingit

lovingit Member

Anyone can comment on real world P cars vs 85D cars insurance premiums?

3. luvnMyTS

luvnMyTS Member

I have Mercury. I've never been able to beat their prices. Well, that is until I got my Tesla. For whatever reason, they hate the Tesla and charge astronomical rates for it. I have 4 cars, plus my homeowners with a clean record with every discount available in the book. My 2014 Corvette is $350 every six months. They wanted to charge me $1,500 for the Tesla for 6 months!! Finally pulled that car from my policy and got a separate policy just for the Tesla at $775 for six months for a 2015 P90D.

Mercury also told me if I got a single ticket, they would cancel coverage on the Tesla.