TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mesh reflection in windshield

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by KaiserSoze, Apr 21, 2016.

1. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze Member

Has anyone noticed that, on sunny days, the dash material reflects a bright metallic mesh pattern into the lower portion of the windshield? I have upgraded sound, and I suspect that mesh hides a number of speakers. It is very annoying, as it's directly in my field of view during normal driving.

2. itay

itay Member

@KaiserSoze I have noticed this too with the super sunny weather we've had the past week. If the sun hits the dash just right, it reflects that mesh-y pattern onto the windshield, which makes me think I am seeing fuzzy. I don't have the upgraded sound, so I don't think it is related to that.

3. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze Member

Tesla really should replace that material with something which is not reflective. A dash material's primary job, in my view, is to not reflect things into the driver's field of view.

4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Heads up display? ;)

5. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Just get some polarized sunglasses. That should fix most of the glare and reflection problems.