Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meta: New 100kw+ NACS Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this category is "Superchargers™️" but Washington just released the funding for the first round of chargers paid for by the Carbon tax. Experience
The funding requires an NACS or CCS plug and almost all of them are both as well as >100kw

So we're about to see effectively white label v2 superchargers all over WA. And when EA etc start adding NACS plugs it might make sense to broaden this sub forum to all NACS fast chargers especially once NEVI funding also starts to be distributed.

Even this round is including a lot of highly voted locations for >100kw Tesla compatible chargers like: Walla Walla, Anacortes, Omak, Port Gamble etc.

I disagree with using these Supercharger forums for discussion of non-Tesla, non-Supercharger equipment. We use these sections primarily to track the buildout of the Supercharger network, primarily in conjunction with supercharge.info.

In my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it, true white label Supercharger equipment operated by third parties would be pushing that boundary. Generic fast chargers with NACS compatibility doesn’t belong here.

Just my $0.02 having followed the network buildout for years.

It's clear that many people put quite a bit of work into keeping supercharge.info up to date and as such it's a very useful website. There is a similar page that is modeled after it for non-tesla DC chargers at fastcharger.info, which also seems to be regularly updated. There is a forum there as well but not much discussion volume. For a combined view there is plugshare but I find the map function there to be less responsive.

The only instance in which I would think it would be interesting to follow on these forums would for example be the build out of BP/Travel Center of America’s network of Tesla V4 hardware. They have already announced it would be operated on a 3rd party operating system though. Other than that I don’t see a reason to track general NACS rollout here. I’ve always took this forum to be linked to Supercharge.info

In my opinion, as NACS actually becomes the standard, we're gonna have less of a need to track these things anyway (how many people are tracking the construction of new gas stations?). I'm personally curious about all new chargers, but I think that if there's a real interest in tracking that stuff, there will be some other discussion forum for them.

I know this category is "Superchargers™️" but Washington just released the funding for the first round of chargers paid for by the Carbon tax. Experience
The funding requires an NACS or CCS plug and almost all of them are both as well as >100kw

So we're about to see effectively white label v2 superchargers all over WA. And when EA etc start adding NACS plugs it might make sense to broaden this sub forum to all NACS fast chargers especially once NEVI funding also starts to be distributed.

Even this round is including a lot of highly voted locations for >100kw Tesla compatible chargers like: Walla Walla, Anacortes, Omak, Port Gamble etc.
When looking at the map, it lists the connector type as “both” for L2 stations. There’s isn’t a key that I can find that defines both so both may be J1772 and CCS. I have yet to see any J1772/NACS chargers other than the Tesla once since all Tesla come with the adapter. It will be interesting to see these sites built out and what equipment is being used.