Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metal Key fob cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I've done some searching and found results on key fob covers but not the metal ones. I got one and it seems to block the signal almost completely. Most of the time it wont work. Has anyone found a way to make the metal key fob cover work or found a particular one that works 100% of the time?

Hi guys,

I've done some searching and found results on key fob covers but not the metal ones. I got one and it seems to block the signal almost completely. Most of the time it wont work. Has anyone found a way to make the metal key fob cover work or found a particular one that works 100% of the time?
We have them for our model X keys but we have never had a problem. They have a little cut out in the front where the RF emitter is

What’s the question? You want a fob cover that’s metal for appearance or a metal cover that does block the RF for security?

For appearance I use the silicon ones from Abstract Ocean (less slippery in your pocket) and for security at home a faraday bag from Amazon.

Reactions: MGMDaware
4ea80d_a6e0ea12a8674ceabd55531ee0d944b9_mv2_d_5184_3456_s_4_2.jpg

I have this one and the fob works fine. No reduction in range.

Model S - Structural Aluminum Key Fob Case

i got this one from amazon. i got this one because its red and wanted it to match my car. i also liked that it has the cutouts for the windows. you'd think this allows more signal to reach the car but it sucks so much. i wonder whats different between the one you guys got and the one below. besides the window color and the cut out, they look the same.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0778KQKTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i got this one from amazon. i got this one because its red and wanted it to match my car. i also liked that it has the cutouts for the windows. you'd think this allows more signal to reach the car but it sucks so much. i wonder whats different between the one you guys got and the one below. besides the window color and the cut out, they look the same.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0778KQKTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They all probably come from the same Chinese manufacturer lol mine has windows cutout as well I don’t see difference in range between this and the silicon cases