Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Cross Climate for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like a lot of folks, I am less than pleased with the OEM Continental tires on the Model X. I will need new tires by the end of the summer and am thinking about Michelin Cross Climate tires. These would be for 3 season use since I have dedicated snow tires for winter.

I believe this is a relatively new tire. Does anyone have experience with these on the Model X? My main concern since the tire is not a foam-filled tire is noise. The Tire rack personnel reviews rate it well for low noise but the actual testing talked about some noise.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...Rk56L01EUPb6ziy7XLS245CuDPFyDNKRoC0ZQQAvD_BwE

I am looking forward to quieter tires on my X. The stock Conti's pick up so much road noise that I think they are singing to me sometimes. Not looking forward to paying for the new shoes but it kinda goes with the territory.

When I had my Toyota Hybrid Highlander (which I traded in with 297,000 miles on it just before I got my X) my last couple sets of tires were Kumho and they were affordable, durable and pretty quiet. I might check them out before I make my tire decision.