Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin PilotSport 4S - Porsche Fitment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey!

There seems to be huge shortages again lately with the Michelin PilotSport 4S in the Tesla fitment (foam inside), therefore wondering if there would be any reason why I shouldn’t proceed to order the ones marked as “N0 (Porsche Fitment)”?

Any insight appreciated!

Apologies :(

I’ve already searched under Michelin Porsche fitment, scoured through endless threads, but still couldn’t find an exact answer. I’ll keep searching then!
I’ve just replaced my OM PS4 with cross Climate 2. In my opinion they are considerably quieter and more comfortable so I’m very happy.
If you are interested I have my four used PS4 for sale in the sale section.

Reactions: MrT3
I’ve just replaced my OM PS4 with cross Climate 2. In my opinion they are considerably quieter and more comfortable so I’m very happy.
If you are interested I have my four used PS4 for sale in the sale section.
Also another fan of the CC2 tyres. Most of the time they're quieter than the PS4 and handle heavy rain like a champ. In the dry their economy is comparable to the PS4, in the wet they tend to be worse due to the aggressive tread pattern clearing water from the tyres. Which is what you want, I suppose.

Also another fan of the CC2 tyres. Most of the time they're quieter than the PS4 and handle heavy rain like a champ. In the dry their economy is comparable to the PS4, in the wet they tend to be worse due to the aggressive tread pattern clearing water from the tyres. Which is what you want, I suppose.
I’ve not been able to compare economy as the temperature and rain is not the same two days in a row right now but I’ve not seen a noticeable increase in consumption.
Tomorrow will be my first opportunity to test the tyres at motorway speeds (hopefully), I’m keen to hear the noise level at +60 mph.
12 mile each way trip today, semi rural wet roads some flooding max speed 46mph, 255wh/mile.

Last edited:
Hey!

There seems to be huge shortages again lately with the Michelin PilotSport 4S in the Tesla fitment (foam inside), therefore wondering if there would be any reason why I shouldn’t proceed to order the ones marked as “N0 (Porsche Fitment)”?

Any insight appreciated!
The standard PS4 are fine not sure what the Porsche fitment is about in terms of compatibility

Hey!

Any insight appreciated!
I think you will be fine, I believe they both have the same load index. I've also seen mention that the Porsche one has a lip to protect the rim although I've never seen one to verify that.

Apart from the foam there will probably be other slight differences, e.g. the initial amount of tread but unfortunately Michelin doesn't go into that amount of detail on their website.