Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed Tesla and received the flowing:

Your Tesla will come equppied with a charge bundle.
This Includes:

1x Mobile Connector - 20’ cable

1x NEMA 5-15 Adapter

1x storage bag
good to hear. still 🤞 for me, until I see in my car while I pick up. Now a days Tesla communication is not trustable. I had few bad experience especially with GrandRapids Team.

Reactions: TheWB
Just a heads up for the Michigan orders. If you send tesla the funds for the vehicle before it passes through the Chicago holding lot you can bypass the car having to be shipped to Cleveland which saves you roughly 1 to 1.5 weeks in waiting. Just learned that today and we are getting our Y a week early.

My Edd hasn’t budged. It is good to see your date for our area to be May 6 - May 20 as my window is still May 20 to June 24.

MYP - DBM, White, Tow, FSD ordered March 11th 2022 at Grand Rapids SC
I am not 100% sure that I will be getting my car in that window. It is moving 2 weeks since April 10. Originally I have pick up in GR but I moved to Clarkston. Because of GR team my first order got messed up and ended up placing new order and now I have to pay 5K more.

Just a heads up for the Michigan orders. If you send tesla the funds for the vehicle before it passes through the Chicago holding lot you can bypass the car having to be shipped to Cleveland which saves you roughly 1 to 1.5 weeks in waiting. Just learned that today and we are getting our Y a week early.
I have questions .

Iam planning to put 10k cash and rest getting loan from Pen Fed and they are going to release the check. will the Tesla accepts checks in Michigan.

how did you do it. would please share some details.

I have questions .

Iam planning to put 10k cash and rest getting loan from Pen Fed and they are going to release the check. will the Tesla accepts checks in Michigan.

how did you do it. would please share some details.

Yes they accept checks. My Credit Union refused to wire. The detroit orders team was super helpful to me today with my 4 calls to them because my credit union was being morons.

The last page of your purchase agreement has details on what has to be done with check or ACH.

I sent partial funds ACH from a different bank and CU sent a check overnight for the rest of the balance. Your bank needs a scan of the check and tracking and you need to email tesla. Then the orders team can move quicker on getting the car cleared to ship into the state. Same thing with your wire you need to email the orders team your wire receipt.

It was painless dealing with tesla and they were really helpful. They also provide very good instructions for the Payment. The biggest pain was my credit union and the hoops I needed to jump through to get it processed quickly.

Yes they accept checks. My Credit Union refused to wire. The detroit orders team was super helpful to me today with my 4 calls to them because my credit union was being morons.

The last page of your purchase agreement has details on what has to be done with check or ACH.

I sent partial funds ACH from a different bank and CU sent a check overnight for the rest of the balance. Your bank needs a scan of the check and tracking and you need to email tesla. Then the orders team can move quicker on getting the car cleared to ship into the state. Same thing with your wire you need to email the orders team your wire receipt.

It was painless dealing with tesla and they were really helpful. They also provide very good instructions for the Payment. The biggest pain was my credit union and the hoops I needed to jump through to get it processed quickly.
We have used two different CUs and both refused to ACH. Once you settle financing you will get a check to Tesla which you will send via UPS/Fedex/etc, one CU had Tesla and us (my wife signed this one before shipping), one only had Tesla and I shipped it as-is. Tesla asked us for photos of the front and back of the check plus a photo of the shipping receipt. This will allow them to kick off shipping the car before they actually get the money. It will still take upwards of a few weeks to actually pickup.

One thing, you will need proof of insurance before shipment as well. My insurance agent draws up a letter of some sort detailing that I have insurance with the VIN but doesn't actually put the car on the policy as a driven vehicle.

The Detroit order team is really good about helping out, they know the complexities of Michigan.

Reactions: Nick Steele
I wanted to remember what it was like to drive a Tesla again so I scheduled a test drive at the Grand Rapids service center. After reviewing Tesla’s website I saw they would let you go up to 100 miles in a day or 200 miles if you plan an over overnight test drive. As bad as I want an overnight I just discussed taking it for a few hours so I could go to my house and try out my newly installed Tesla Wall Charger.

The drive was great and having spent more time I got even more comfortable with the car. I did notice that the cars software hadn’t been updated in quite some time, no biggie but was hoping to see stuff That had changed but didn’t feel like taking the chance and updating and running into an issue with it not being “my” car.

My charger worked!! Charged at the full rate and was easy to use. When I got back to the dealership I spoke with the SA. I said I see I am getting close and have a window of May 20th to June 24th, do you have any updated info on how accurate this timing is? He said yea come with me. He logged into his portal and entered my order number in. He showed that I should be getting a VIN May 31st with a projected delivery date of June 10th. Anything could change between now and then but it was nice to see they had deeper access that had a bit better projections.

So here is to hoping that time sticks!!! Can’t wait to get in the new ride, I spend a lot of time in my car and drive many miles. Even with the “phantom” braking I felt much more relaxed not having to apply so much pressure to the wheel and deal with the pedal. I was really able to relax and focus on how the car was doing. Also the times I had “phantom” breaking seemed explainable. When I was driving on the unmarked country roads the GPS had said the speed limit was 35mph when it was actually 55. That caused the car to think it was 35MAX verses my set point of 55MAX. When it did that it slowed the car down by letting off the accelerator. I have seen where my other map apps think the speed is slower like the Tesla did.

I’m sure most of this stuff will all get better as better data is in navigation, more corrections are made by good drivers. I also noticed a few times where I wasn’t comfortable with what it was doing and I had to override what it was doing. I never had an issue with that as I kept both hands on the wheel. Those who let the auto steer drive into things must have not had a good grip on the wheel or hands off altogether with not enough reaction time to put hands on wheel. Had I not had my hands on the wheel I do feel like I would have missed the correction required.

Hopefully everyone gets their cars soon!!!

Reactions: TheWB
L I / I
I wanted to remember what it was like to drive a Tesla again so I scheduled a test drive at the Grand Rapids service center. After reviewing Tesla’s website I saw they would let you go up to 100 miles in a day or 200 miles if you plan an over overnight test drive. As bad as I want an overnight I just discussed taking it for a few hours so I could go to my house and try out my newly installed Tesla Wall Charger.

The drive was great and having spent more time I got even more comfortable with the car. I did notice that the cars software hadn’t been updated in quite some time, no biggie but was hoping to see stuff That had changed but didn’t feel like taking the chance and updating and running into an issue with it not being “my” car.

My charger worked!! Charged at the full rate and was easy to use. When I got back to the dealership I spoke with the SA. I said I see I am getting close and have a window of May 20th to June 24th, do you have any updated info on how accurate this timing is? He said yea come with me. He logged into his portal and entered my order number in. He showed that I should be getting a VIN May 31st with a projected delivery date of June 10th. Anything could change between now and then but it was nice to see they had deeper access that had a bit better projections.

So here is to hoping that time sticks!!! Can’t wait to get in the new ride, I spend a lot of time in my car and drive many miles. Even with the “phantom” braking I felt much more relaxed not having to apply so much pressure to the wheel and deal with the pedal. I was really able to relax and focus on how the car was doing. Also the times I had “phantom” breaking seemed explainable. When I was driving on the unmarked country roads the GPS had said the speed limit was 35mph when it was actually 55. That caused the car to think it was 35MAX verses my set point of 55MAX. When it did that it slowed the car down by letting off the accelerator. I have seen where my other map apps think the speed is slower like the Tesla did.

I’m sure most of this stuff will all get better as better data is in navigation, more corrections are made by good drivers. I also noticed a few times where I wasn’t comfortable with what it was doing and I had to override what it was doing. I never had an issue with that as I kept both hands on the wheel. Those who let the auto steer drive into things must have not had a good grip on the wheel or hands off altogether with not enough reaction time to put hands on wheel. Had I not had my hands on the wheel I do feel like I would have missed the correction required.

Hopefully everyone gets their cars soon!!!
glad they let you test drive for couple hours. I had very bad experience with Grand Rapids team. cancelled my first order which was placed on June,2021 , So I ended up ordering another one paying 6k more compared to 06/21 order price and they let me do test drive for only 1 hr limit.