Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Micro SD Card for DR650GW-2CH Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. You still bought it even after reading all those reviews?
I bought the one that shows as Amazon Prime & Fulfilled by Amazon. If it doesn't work I return it for free. It only costs me a few minutes of time. No big deal if it doesn't work. That's why I always make sure I buy products that show "Fulfilled by Amazon". Then you get Amazon's customer service & return policies, which are very customer friendly.

My Blackvue has gone through a few SD cards (including the Blackvue OEM card).
Tried a few SanDisk Ultra and ExtremePlus cards, but those eventually failed anywhere from weeks to a few months.

But I did find one card that so far has been rock solid in the last 6 months: SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card 64GB.
  • Ideal for dashcams and home video monitoring cameras
  • Specially developed for high endurance applications

I have two of those exact cards for my BlackVue and they're rock solid. Haven't had a single problem with them in months, and I never reformat the card.

Oh, and if you want the fastest SD card reader for your PC or laptop, use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Dig...56081&sr=1-2&keywords=kingston+sd+card+reader

It's USB 3.0, and will do 95 MB/sec with the extremely high speed U3 SD cards. (Note that the high endurance card linked to above is not a U3 card, it's a class 10, so it does about 20 MB/sec.)

Reactions: Joelc
By the way, the BlackVue cameras have a firmware design flaw that makes them run hotter with faster cards. This makes the faster cards fail even quicker than they are designed for. I would not use any cards with write speeds greater than 25MB/s. BlackVue 550 also run much hotter than 650.

My Blackvue has gone through a few SD cards (including the Blackvue OEM card).
Tried a few SanDisk Ultra and ExtremePlus cards, but those eventually failed anywhere from weeks to a few months.

But I did find one card that so far has been rock solid in the last 6 months: SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card 64GB.
  • Ideal for dashcams and home video monitoring cameras
  • Specially developed for high endurance applications

FWIW I have been using a 32GB version of this Sandisk card in my 3 year old 550. Lasted a year before dying during an in-camera reformat. Returned to Sandisk under a RMA/warranty and received a new one. Even the best card, supposedly rated for the read-write cycles and high heat will fail in the Blackvues (...and, boy, does the Blackvue and the card get hot in use). I can't imagine how a lesser/generic card would do. Note that my wife's 650 is 18 months old and the OEM Blackvue 32GB card is still going strong.

I've found that the BlackVue branded SD card gets much hotter than the no-name one that came with my dashcam from the Amazon seller. The 128 GB card I referenced above was counterfeit. It was returned to Amazon. I'm now looking for another 128 GB SD card that will work. I'm hoping to see some price reductions with Black Friday online deals.