Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid December Model X is Perfect!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the forums inundated with people upset (and rightfully so) about the poor build quality on their cars. I'm not sure if that experience is typical or the the vocal minority, but I want to offer a counter argument to the negativity. I picked up my 75D (6 seats, blue on white, non PUP, AP2, 28xxx) on Tues 12/13/16 delivery checklist in hand. I was expecting the worst. I scoured every panel, seam, hinge, and handle to make sure the car met my standards, and it did. Everything is perfect. All panels are perfectly aligned, FWDs work exactly as they should, front doors perform as they should, I don't have any weird noises while driving or accelerating, the car at least for the first 48 has been flawless.

I don't know how things will hold up over time (3 year lease) but I can say, especially for delivery at the end of quarter/year the car is awesome. If you are nervous or on the fence, I hope this serves as a counterpoint. I filmed an overview of the car an delivery experience
if you want to see for yourself. In the meantime, if you have questions, I'm happy to help.

Patiently waiting for 8.1,

Jon

OP, watched your video again last night. The metal thing you pulled out of the frunk is not the tow hitch. That is the tow eye that would be used if ever got stuck in mud or snow and someone needed to pull you out. There is little panel that pops out of the driverside corner of the lower opening on the front bumper and that tow eye threads into it. Just thought I would clarify for you. Enjoy your new car!

OP, watched your video again last night. The metal thing you pulled out of the frunk is not the tow hitch. That is the tow eye that would be used if ever got stuck in mud or snow and someone needed to pull you out. There is little panel that pops out of the driverside corner of the lower opening on the front bumper and that tow eye threads into it. Just thought I would clarify for you. Enjoy your new car!
I appreciate the heads up, thank you!

Just picked up my x90 and no major issues. Took 2 hours to get out of the SC. I did discover the "ghosting", and wife did not like it, said it made her dizzy. Noticed some buzzing in one of the speakers, but intermittently. Nice car. If I were to re-order, I would get the leather or white seats instead of the base; they feel a bit rough.

Reactions: PedanticOne