Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Littleton, CO

Black MR
Black Interior
Sport Wheels
EAP
FSD

Just received delivery appt via text and email for 12/3. Will have to reschedule to later that week due to work! A little caught off guard by quick delivery from notification today.

Complicated order history but last order change was 10/22 and 10/24 due to issues on Tesla’s end. Reservation holder from 2016.

Last edited:
Bay Area
Ordered 10/26
Midnight Silver MR
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
No EAP
Put my $1000 down in 2016
Chose to pick it up in Fremont.
Have not heard a word from Tesla. Called to Corte Madera today. Not much information there, other than a verbal guarantee that I would have delivery 'long' before the end of the year. Come on Bay Area, let's see some MR deliveries soon!

Bay Area
Ordered 10/26
Midnight Silver MR
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
No EAP
Have not heard a word from Tesla. Called to Corte Madera today. Not much information there, other than a verbal guarantee that I would have delivery 'long' before the end of the year. Come on Bay Area, let's see some MR deliveries soon!

Similar to you, but I am in LA. Called Tesla sales today and after 40 minutes on hold, a very rude and condescending lady told me that “usually Tesla customers order their cars and they WAIT”. In that tone of voice. No VIN or delivery date.

Has anybody successfully upgraded from a mid-range to a long-range RWD with white interior?
I updated my order last week from MR black interior to MR white interior, it took 2 days to update but I realized they had a car assigned to me even though there was no vin number visible from my Tesla account. I have lost that car now and back in the queue but I guess I had to wait anyways for white interior.

Tesla told me this evening that they should be able to get me RWD with white interior before end of December. Keeping net fingers crossed

I get the impression that Tesla has now exhausted all the pre-orders for Model 3 MR-Premium and up. That is all reservation holders in USA and Canada remaining are holding out for the SR $36k model. Is that true? Is there anyone in North America who has a reservation and not been contacted by Tesla to configure?

Bay Area
Ordered 10/26
Midnight Silver MR
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
No EAP
I ordered on 10/18 and got a delivery appointment for 11/11 in Fremont, which I rescheduled to the 15th. I didn't get any communications either.. just happened to notice on my account page that I had a VIN and appointment date assigned (which left me little time to get my funds ready and why I had to reschedule). So I would say just hang in there!

Ugh, I’m a little frustrated hearing all these stories of people switching to the LR RWD, I recently moved to Cincinnati but have only had contact with an OA in Atlanta...I keep asking if he has any LR RWD and he gives me the same workaround that they aren’t available anymore. Does anyone have a contact for an OA in Cincinnati? No one has reached out to me yet, ordered 10/29.

I received my delivery date yesterday and called to add EAP for $5k. I was nervous, but it went as promised. They said it would not affect delivery and it did not. I got a confirmation email tonight. My order date changed to today, but my delivery date in my account is unchanged. I received a delivery notice on 11/27 with a 12/11 date and made the EAP change today (11/28). My other pricing was unchanged too (I ordered during the $45k window). Sharing in case anyone else was considering this and was nervous about making an EAP change.

Hey man! Excited to hear that you (being a fellow Clevelander) got your delivery date! And that the EAP upgrade worked well.

Still crickets for me (Day 1 reservation holder/ordered MR Oct 18th/Blue ext/White int/Aero/no EAP) but no doubt it's the white interior that's holding me back. Just keeping my sanity by being happy for those lucky enough to have a delivery date! December will be a nailbiter for sure.

I keep reading from folks here who upgraded from MR to LR, and most said the difference is $4000. Is that true? I guess LR RWD is off menu item?
If $4k is true for the MR to LR battery upgrade, then it's pretty cool to see that the price of RWD LR3 (configured like mine) has gone up $1700 since I bought mine back in March. I've never had a vehicle that appreciated (when new). $56k pre-tax then, $57.7k today. The differences are +$1k for the car, +$500 for paint, +$200 for destination. Those on the sidelines, take note...Tesla increases prices without warning nor apology.