Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Middle row seats trigger front seats to move

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Followup. Brought it to the service center. So here's what happened when I brought it this morning.

Service Rep: "Oh, that's normal"

Me:, "how come the passenger seat doesn't do that?"

Service Rep: "oh, yeah that doesn't look right. but just don't keep moving it forward and backward"

Me: "well then how am i supposed to get people back there?"

Service Rep: "you'll have to create another ticket"

Me: "but that's why I came here. because of this issue. today's appointment is because of the ticket I created to resolve this issue."

Service Rep:"oh, uh yeah they told me that this is normal"

I just left. I'm so fukn pissed by Tesla service. They primary goal is prevent as repair as possible. There must be some performance metric tied to deflecting customers.

End of story: not fixed.

Followup. Brought it to the service center. So here's what happened when I brought it this morning.

Service Rep: "Oh, that's normal"

Me:, "how come the passenger seat doesn't do that?"

Service Rep: "oh, yeah that doesn't look right. but just don't keep moving it forward and backward"

Me: "well then how am i supposed to get people back there?"

Service Rep: "you'll have to create another ticket"

Me: "but that's why I came here. because of this issue. today's appointment is because of the ticket I created to resolve this issue."

Service Rep:"oh, uh yeah they told me that this is normal"

I just left. I'm so fukn pissed by Tesla service. Their primary goal must be to prevent as many repairs as possible. There must be some performance metric tied to deflecting customers.

End of story: not fixed.

Anyone else have the issue of anytime they move the middle row seats, the corresponding front seat moves? On either the driver side or the passenger side, when I slightly adjust the location of the middle row seat it moves the front row seat in front if it. This has become especially annoying when driving and someone sitting int he middle row adjusts the seat location and it moves my seat. The weird part, how much the front row seat moves is correlated with the number of button presses to move the middle row seat and not the how much you move it. Also it doesn't matter if I use the MCU to move the seat or one of the two buttons on the seats to move them. The same outcome to the front row. My X is 1 month old and it has been happening since day 1. Service center told me it's a "firmware" issue but if it was, many people would be having this problem.
Update. This has been resolved in the current firmware 2023.32.1 . Firmware has just begun rollout this week.

THREE years later?? Holy &^*%.
Sounds about par for the course. When they broke A/C controls with the upgrade to v10 in 2017 or 2018, it took them at least that long to fix it. As far as I know, software features that existed on the legacy S & X such as the energy chart still don't exist on the palladiums. I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3 years to get them on the 3/Y after production started, too. I haven't paid close attention, but, sadly, I seriously think there might seriously be a typical 3 year wait for bugfixes and feature parities (some would argue AP2 still isn't on par with AP1, there's a thread about that) that don't get priority (form Elon or social pressure). Unfortunately, it doesn't take anywhere near that long to introduce the bugs or yank the features with new updates. For the record, I still own and love my 2017 X, but I think this is reality based on what I've seen over the years with my vehicle and in the forums.

Sounds about par for the course. When they broke A/C controls with the upgrade to v10 in 2017 or 2018, it took them at least that long to fix it. As far as I know, software features that existed on the legacy S & X such as the energy chart still don't exist on the palladiums. I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3 years to get them on the 3/Y after production started, too. I haven't paid close attention, but, sadly, I seriously think there might seriously be a typical 3 year wait for bugfixes and feature parities (some would argue AP2 still isn't on par with AP1, there's a thread about that) that don't get priority (form Elon or social pressure). Unfortunately, it doesn't take anywhere near that long to introduce the bugs or yank the features with new updates. For the record, I still own and love my 2017 X, but I think this is reality based on what I've seen over the years with my vehicle and in the forums.

I totally agree with the AP1 vs all subsequent versions. AP1 did not veer into the middle of the lines every time a new lane merged in, but every version after that does. I love driving behind Tesla's that happen to have AP and watching that happen and seeing the inevitable take over when the driver nerves are triggered when the car is suddenly steering right as if it's leaving the freeway. How that has not been fixed over the past 5+ years is insane. My Rivian hugs the dotted white line perfectly and never does the same swerve and its self-driving is incredibly basic compared to Tesla.