Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I need to pay for the car before delivery or can I pay via Plaid (or whatever other method) after actually seeing the car in person?
I picked up my MYLR today. Even though my Tesla dealer was pushing Plaid online payments like crazy, I just walked in with a Cashiers check made out to Tesla, Inc. and gave them the check without any issues. Wife would not allow me to give our bank account info out regardless of how much I told her how safe Plaid is.

Reactions: minnesnowta
i supposed to pick it up tomorrow but unable to. I’ve read that some people swapped place with someone so I Was wondering if anyone have similar config to mine and have estimate delivery of later this month - late October willing to swap? I’m located near Chicago, zip code 60559.

My order is MYLR, white, 19” wheel, black and white interior, five seat and no FSD.

Thank you

i supposed to pick it up tomorrow but unable to. I’ve read that some people swapped place with someone so I Was wondering if anyone have similar config to mine and have estimate delivery of later this month - late October willing to swap? I’m located near Chicago, zip code 60559.

My order is MYLR, white, 19” wheel, black and white interior, five seat and no FSD.

Thank you
Proof

Attachments

• EBE4AB50-0F48-4C1D-9D0A-2E8C9673A1D3.jpeg
    EBE4AB50-0F48-4C1D-9D0A-2E8C9673A1D3.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 84
  • 9EDA5B34-C76A-46C0-B285-CC02D3B6DCBB.png
    9EDA5B34-C76A-46C0-B285-CC02D3B6DCBB.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: anix7776

Thank you

Thank you
I have same configuration but edd in November. I should be in 200 mile range with you I’m supposed to pick up in Grand Rapids Michigan

Hey there fellow Midwesterners - not sure if this is useful to anyone, but I was speaking to my insurance rep (State Farm) today and had her run a quote for the Model Y in Chicago. We will be adding the Y as a second car, and the quote included their multi-car discount. The 6 month premium was $700, but it also reduced the premiums of our first car (a 2020 MB GLB250) by $100 (net +$600). IMO, this is about in line with what I’ve heard in Chicago for a mid-to-higher end vehicle and generally clean record. This is with $250/500/100, including underinsured/uninsured coverage with a $250 deductible, and two drivers (my wife and I). I haven’t seen a lot of localized on insurance quotes, knowing there are a lot of variables at play, so thought I’d share.
In other news, still waiting on VIN and EDD is holding steady.

Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty