Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mileage loss when car isn’t being used 2022 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a new owner from just last Saturday night. I charge at home with a 240v line and have only charged to 350 miles. It seems to me that I’m losing mileage without driving and more than just a few miles. Has anyone else had this experience and can you explain or is there something wrong?

In model 3s, the most common cause of this is new owners not understanding that sentry mode keeps the car awake constantly. The second most common cause is them installing some third party monitoring tool or other and it not being configured correctly (thus keeping the car awake).

I dont know the situation with model S and sentry mode, but keeping the car awake is the biggest cause of "why am I losing 20+ miles a day?!?!?! questions in the model 3 subforum.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and mswlogo
Upvote 0
...explain or is there something wrong?

No, nothing wrong. It's expected. Normal.

It's called vampire loss. You might just want to write it down so you know how much your vampire loss is in case you want to leave your car idle in a parking lot for some time.

Your car is full of electronic equipment so depending on your settings, the vampire rate may be more or less, but vampire loss is a must.

Last edited:
Upvote 0